• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F High Idle issue, PC V auto tune got unplugged.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Went to a motorcycle meet, and rode for 15 minutes. Noticed at the light, the bike idle was at 4500 RPM!

Kept twisting the throtttle to see if it was stuck, but still the idle stayed at 4500 rpm.

1 minute later I appeared at my motorcycle meet. Lifted the seat, turned on bike, idle was OK.

Noticed my Power Commander V autotune's light was not on. Inspected some more, and found the plug to the PC V was unplugged. Fixed it.

Later rode home, had no issues with idle.

I assuming it was the auto tune, getting unplugged that caused the issue.

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
Went to a motorcycle meet, and rode for 15 minutes. Noticed at the light, the bike idle was at 4500 RPM!

Kept twisting the throtttle to see if it was stuck, but still the idle stayed at 4500 rpm.

1 minute later I appeared at my motorcycle meet. Lifted the seat, turned on bike, idle was OK.

Noticed my Power Commander V autotune's light was not on. Inspected some more, and found the plug to the PC V was unplugged. Fixed it.

Later rode home, had no issues with idle.

I assuming it was the auto tune, getting unplugged that caused the issue.

did you weld the new O2 sensor bung in? I ordered the Autotune but returned it as I didnt want to mess around with the Akra exhaust.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
did you weld the new O2 sensor bung in? I ordered the Autotune but returned it as I didnt want to mess around with the Akra exhaust.

I have the two bro exhaust, it already has the O2 bung installed.

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
I have the two bro exhaust, it already has the O2 bung installed.

The OEM O2 Sensor and the Auto tune O2 sensor are different sizes and type. The OEM O2 sensor is smaller so the autotune O2 sensor requires a new bung to be welded which dynojet provides in their kit.

Wondering if TBR gives it with the bigger bung or did you buy it off someone who welded the bung in. Just curious.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
The OEM O2 Sensor and the Auto tune O2 sensor are different sizes and type. The OEM O2 sensor is smaller so the autotune O2 sensor requires a new bung to be welded which dynojet provides in their kit.

Wondering if TBR gives it with the bigger bung or did you buy it off someone who welded the bung in. Just curious.

I bought the bike used, I don't know.

Brammer has answered the question.

Top Bottom