• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Help me my fairing broke

Drhodes93

CBR650F
Nov 19, 2018
So my bike was knocked over and cracked my left side plastic right along the CBR logo is there any way to get new fairings OEM or aftermarket if not will the CB version be able to fit on there and where can I find either of them?

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Have you called your local dealer first and asked about the pricing of a fairing through them first. You might be surprised if they give it too you for a little cheaper but generally fairings are pretty expensive.

Drhodes93

CBR650F
Nov 19, 2018
Have you called your local dealer first and asked about the pricing of a fairing through them first. You might be surprised if they give it too you for a little cheaper but generally fairings are pretty expensive.
I thought someone here might know of a cheaper option I figured I'd check both before I buy them from a dealer also still curious if the naked version would be able to be put on this bike

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
I thought someone here might know of a cheaper option I figured I'd check both before I buy them from a dealer also still curious if the naked version would be able to be put on this bike
Not sure about in America but here we can just call dealers and ask for quotes over the phone for fairing sections and just get the price to match against online deals.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
You haven’t given us any information about your exact bike, other than a CBR from your profile, but before you spend too much time and effort searching for cheaper options, look to see how much OEM stuff is. In the US at least, plastic stuff is unbelievably cheap for the ‘14-‘18 models and a quick search using the link GPJake @haqzore provided confirms that:

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5989f1e587a86612c4ea9fd9/middle-cowl-under-cowl

The OEM middle cowl assembly is under $60, and is easy to replace.

Your call on the way to proceed, but while changing to CB should be possible, it’s a lot of little things that can get you. Things like the front wiring harness that moves with the handlebar, gauge cluster that mounts to the bars, NOT the bodywork, headlight mounting yo the forks, etc. that will take it to a somewhat complicated realm.

Top Bottom