• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CBR650R Hello all!

M*i*k*e

CBR650R ABS
Apr 2, 2021
Riding Since
Hello from North West London, bought a 650R mid last year but only just found this forum. Rode a Suzuki SV650SK3 for 10 years but sold that a while back and had a bike shaped hole in my life. Went in to the dealer to get a second-hand red 650R and saw the black one. Probably a religious topic on this site but after seeing the black one and doing some wild man maths I ended up with a brand new one, per below. She's called Grace.

Those down pipes aren't so shiny now after we've done 2,000 miles together. Super pleased with her, equally happy on motorways and back roads, and ticks the commuter sport bike box for me. I've had a stone through the radiator last month that was expensive to fix, but that was bad luck.

Minor mods so far, all R&G - crash bungs, tail tidy, paddock stand bobbins and (after the stone incident!) a radiator grill. Puig smoked screen is on order (because its damn cold on the motorway at the moment) as is a Puig brake level protector as I'll probably do a track day soon and they're mandatory now.

Good to be here!
Mike

MikesBike.jpg

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Welcome, Mike, great looking bike :)

Be sure to do some research on the R&G sliders you have installed on this forum and on other forums, they are the same for the 650F models as well. They mount to a very fragile area and can, and have, cause an engine case crack during a minor top over since there is nothing stopping the slider from pushing directly back on the engine case. A slider that mounts to more than 1 bolt, drill sliders or engine case covers are a better option to save your bike from a minor tip over.

Note that the CB and CBR no cut sliders mount to different locations and why they seem to be fine to use.

Anyway, the R is sharp in black!!!!

M*i*k*e

CBR650R ABS
Apr 2, 2021
Riding Since
Thanks for the warning, what are the sliders of choice for the 650R?

M*i*k*e

CBR650R ABS
Apr 2, 2021
Riding Since
Thanks looks good. Gotta decide if I want to spend £200 on a second set of sliders after already having installed the R&G ones....

Top Bottom