• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Heated Grips

LaurenceH

CBR650R ABS
Aug 9, 2019
Bristol, UK
Hi everyone,

With the winter season soon approaching us (at least here in the UK!), i'm looking to put a set of heated grips on the CBR650R in advance for those cold winter rides.

Previously used the Oxford Sports heated grips which were fantastic, but wondering what all your thoughts are on the best ones? Do we know which ones are compatible?

Cheers!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
The factory Honda ones were not too bad, at least on the F, but I thought for the money they were overpriced, though they worked fine.

Honestly, I’d do Oxford. My Ducati OEM ones are only so-so, the factory Triumph ones are poor and will soon be replaced by Oxford; the only ones I’ve used that work great are factory BMW, factory Yamaha and Oxford.

Jiyuu

CBR650R ABS
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

Checkout Tecno Globe Gold heated grips, they are pretty well integrated.

Dottyzebra

CB650R
Aug 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

With the winter season soon approaching us (at least here in the UK!), i'm looking to put a set of heated grips on the CBR650R in advance for those cold winter rides.

Previously used the Oxford Sports heated grips which were fantastic, but wondering what all your thoughts are on the best ones? Do we know which ones are compatible?

Cheers!

Dottyzebra

CB650R
Aug 24, 2019
Went to honda dealer and they said theres were poor at best and he recommended they r&g heated grips which they sold for 80 pounds but you can get them for 35 on ebay

AlexS

CBR650R ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Went to honda dealer and they said theres were poor at best and he recommended they r&g heated grips which they sold for 80 pounds but you can get them for 35 on ebay
I have the Honda OEM grips. very hot and does the job in addition, the design is slim and there is no extra bulky control panels like Oxford.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I'll throw out a suggestion for you all thinking on heated grips...

A year or two ago I bought a pair of these "Handle Bar Muffs" from Amazon. $20 USD and make my hands sweat!!!

31sglksB0NL.jpg

They took a little bit to get used to as you have to slip your hands in and out. And since they can shift somewhat, meaning, if you're at a stoplight for example and you pull your hand out to adjust your helmet or something, the muff hole where your hand goes may droop a little.
But I'm telling you...these things are WARM!!!

Now, here in Florida it DOES get cold. It can drop into the 30's F and, combined with the wind chill... I use these and they get so warm I don't even need gloves sometimes! I normally use my summer gloves as they're thinner so I have more feeling on the controls (I hate those motorcycle winter gloves - too bulky and I can't feel the levers as well.) And probably more important than anything when riding in the cold, these Handle Bar Muffs keep your hands DRY!!!

Bottom line, for $20, it's been one of the best gear investments I've ever had!

Here's a picture of them on my Versys. You may have to adjust the velcro strip that secures the muffs around the mirror stems but again...$20!!! And they work!

45832360371_dc8e87f4cd_c.jpg

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
How about heated gloves? I have never used heated grips personally, but I have heard that because its only the palm of your hand that gets heated, there can be a heat gradient between palm and back of the hand, which can cause pins and needles.

I am lucky that my winter commute isnt too long so a decent pair of waterproof Gore-Tex winter gloves works great.

Colgster

MotoGP
Aug 30, 2017
Surrey
I'll throw out a suggestion for you all thinking on heated grips...

A year or two ago I bought a pair of these "Handle Bar Muffs" from Amazon. $20 USD and make my hands sweat!!!

31sglksB0NL.jpg

They took a little bit to get used to as you have to slip your hands in and out. And since they can shift somewhat, meaning, if you're at a stoplight for example and you pull your hand out to adjust your helmet or something, the muff hole where your hand goes may droop a little.
But I'm telling you...these things are WARM!!!

Now, here in Florida it DOES get cold. It can drop into the 30's F and, combined with the wind chill... I use these and they get so warm I don't even need gloves sometimes! I normally use my summer gloves as they're thinner so I have more feeling on the controls (I hate those motorcycle winter gloves - too bulky and I can't feel the levers as well.) And probably more important than anything when riding in the cold, these Handle Bar Muffs keep your hands DRY!!!

Bottom line, for $20, it's been one of the best gear investments I've ever had!

Here's a picture of them on my Versys. You may have to adjust the velcro strip that secures the muffs around the mirror stems but again...$20!!! And they work!

45832360371_dc8e87f4cd_c.jpg
I had handle bar muffs and disliked them because I found that at higher speeds they would interfere with the levers. Oxford heated grips ever since.

Top Bottom