• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Handle Bar Grips

Chip

CB650F ABS
Oct 3, 2017
I find the standard Honda grips a little too small in diameter to be comfortable. Has anyone changed their grips with a larger diameter, or more comfortable pair, or can anyone recommend any? I have been looking at the following Oxford sports grips; https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/263131
Has anyone fitted these grips or similar. Do you have to go through the same activity as the heated grips to shave down the throttle twist grip to install replacement grips?

StephaneCBR

CBR650F ABS
May 23, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I have Puig racing grips, they are really stiff and slightly bigger in dia. I like the feeling better than original and even if harder, it creates less numbness in my hands. If you never push the bike this is not a good choice I think. It also easy to have a good old of the bike with a firm grip.

Chip

CB650F ABS
Oct 3, 2017
How easy are the pro grips to fit, especially on the throttle side?

Duncan

CBR650F
Honorable Discharge
Odominator
May 3, 2015
SEQ Australia
I am a bit funny, in that I did not cut the throttle tube. others do file the flared end off.

it's not easy, and i've done it a few times, using only water as lubricant. expect about 10 minutes and a few millimetres at a time to push and slide the grip on. maybe rest your hands a couple of times.

you can then use a bit of silicone or race wire to secure it if it is not staying in place. mine have had no such securing.

Top Bottom