• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Handguards for Cbr 650 R 2019...wanted!

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
hi,
I'm looking for handguards for the cold season, but I can't find anything, not even on this forum ... would you know how to recommend someone I can mount?
Thanks bye.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
hi,
I'm looking for handguards for the cold season, but I can't find anything, not even on this forum ... would you know how to recommend someone I can mount?
Thanks bye.
I would look at something like these that mount on one side. You’ll have to remove the inner bar wright but these should slide right in:

Acerbis makes similar units, as do several others. I had a set of the bark busters I linked on something, maybe a KLR at one point, and they are quality pieces.

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
I would look at something like these that mount on one side. You’ll have to remove the inner bar wright but these should slide right in:

Acerbis makes similar units, as do several others. I had a set of the bark busters I linked on something, maybe a KLR at one point, and they are quality pieces.
The Acerbis do not go there, already tried ... they hit the windshield. These that you recommend to me I do not know ... they are very long! Thanks anyway.

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
I’ve tried wind deflectors, handlebar muffs etc. I’d suggest a good pair of gloves and heated grips.
I avoid mounting electrical accessories so as not to consume the battery ... the heated grips leave the fingertips cold! The heated gloves maybe ... but I hear around that they don't last long. Thank you for the info.

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
Gerbing has a lifetime warranty on the heating elements. Mine where changed no question asked when the right hand glove has stopped functioning.

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
I would prefer a plastic / resin handguard maybe small and removable in the summer.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
The Acerbis do not go there, already tried ... they hit the windshield. These that you recommend to me I do not know ... they are very long! Thanks anyway.
By the CBR's design you are going to struggle to find something to fit and still clear the bodywork when you turn the bars from lock to lock. Maybe try something attached to the fairing to block more wind? A few years a go I saw a post on the TriumphRat forum where someone taped some cardboard to the fairing on their bike to figure out how big it had to be to block additional wind and it was surprisingly small. They then played around with ABS plastic and fiberglass and made some fairing "extenders" that could be unbolted int he warmer months. Wasn't at clunky as you'd think they would have been.

I won't ride if it's cold enough to overcome heated grips and my winter, waterproof gloves so I am not sure what else to tell you to try. Start by turning your bars side to side and measuring a bit. Maybe something like the Acerbis trimmed down? Or use the bar as a mount and make your own deflectors?

Good luck in your quest!!!

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
check this post for some pictures

These hand guards are the sw motech kobra

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Con il design del CBR farai fatica a trovare qualcosa che si adatti e comunque a liberare la carrozzeria quando giri le barre da un blocco all'altro. Forse provare qualcosa attaccato alla carenatura per bloccare più vento? Qualche anno fa ho visto un post sul forum TriumphRat in cui qualcuno ha attaccato del cartone alla carenatura della loro moto per capire quanto doveva essere grande per bloccare il vento aggiuntivo ed era sorprendentemente piccolo. Hanno quindi giocato con la plastica ABS e la fibra di vetro e hanno realizzato alcuni "estensori" per la carenatura che sono stati sbloccati nei mesi più caldi. Non era goffo come avresti pensato che sarebbe stato.

Non guiderò se fa abbastanza freddo da superare le prese calde ei miei guanti invernali impermeabili, quindi non sono sicuro di cos'altro dirti da provare. Inizia ruotando le barre da un lato all'altro e misurando un po '. Forse qualcosa come l'Acerbis abbattuto? O usi la barra come supporto e costruisci i tuoi deflettori?

Buona fortuna per la tua ricerca !!!
Sì lo so .. sarà difficile. Proverò a vedere se riesco a farli io stesso con la plastica polionda. Grazie amico.

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
Bello, ma penso che sbattano sullo scafo.
Do your best to keep conversations in English on the forum, if you need anything we can make a private chat and we can talk in Italian.

Not sure what you mean by saying they will hit the "scafo", but never had any issues hitting or being in the way.
They are just like any other hand guards.

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Fai del tuo meglio per mantenere le conversazioni in inglese sul forum, se hai bisogno di qualcosa possiamo fare una chat privata e possiamo parlare in italiano.

Non sono sicuro di cosa intendi dicendo che colpiranno lo "scafo", ma non hanno mai avuto problemi a colpire o essere d'intralcio.
Sono proprio come qualsiasi altro paramano.
Nel senso che girano contro il parabrezza. Non ho la CB 650 R, ma la CBR che è carenata

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Do your best to keep conversations in English on the forum, if you need anything we can make a private chat and we can talk in Italian.

Not sure what you mean by saying they will hit the "scafo", but never had any issues hitting or being in the way.
They are just like any other hand guards.
He's got a CBR, not a CB. They won't hit anything on a CB but can hit the bodywork on a CBR.

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Don’t worry, google translate is more than enough to get you in here and reply without major issues, we don’t really care if your English is poor or not
In somehow we do understand each other
Thanks for the tolerance!;)

Top Bottom