Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gear indicator wringing

sander

CBR ABS
Thread starter #1
Hello! I bought an gear indicator for my cbr650f 2016 on ebay and i'm having problems regarding the installation.

I know that i'm supposed to connect it to the diagnostic plug under my seat, but my issue is that I got the cable and the connector i separate pieces.

Does anyone know how how this should be connected? The ebay seller didn't know....

Attachments

h0ck3y

CBR ABS
That's bizarre. The popular unit that some of us bought here had the wiring pins already in the diagnostic plug casing. I can somewhat understand that this particular design is easier to wire through the bike without the diagnostic plug, but you should have gotten the pin outs documented somewhere. Does the plug have any labels or grooves that would match the labels on the pins or in the way the pins are constructed so they line up with specific grooves on the plug? Other than that maybe Honda or a Honda Service Guide might be able to help.

sander

CBR ABS
Thread starter #3
That's bizarre. The popular unit that some of us bought here had the wiring pins already in the diagnostic plug casing. I can somewhat understand that this particular design is easier to wire through the bike without the diagnostic plug, but you should have gotten the pin outs documented somewhere. Does the plug have any labels or grooves that would match the labels on the pins or in the way the pins are constructed so they line up with specific grooves on the plug? Other than that maybe Honda or a Honda Service Guide might be able to help.
There are no groves or marks on the connector regarding the pin insert. Also two of the cables are black and the last one red if this could be useful.

ADIOS600

CB ABS
There are no groves or marks on the connector regarding the pin insert. Also two of the cables are black and the last one red if this could be useful.
Are you sure that one of the black wires hasn't got a tracer colour with it. Not that it should be your problem. The seller should sort it,if he cannot then send it back and spend a bit more money on a better one. I personally wouldn't guess on pin positions. Hope this helps you.

Thread starter #6
Sorry for late reply, there is a black, red and white cable from the gear indicator.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the diagnostic plug? Tried alot of different combinations with the gear indicator and nothing seems to work..

This is the gear indicator:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

My gear indicator is IDEA. I don't know if it's the same one as you bought but I attached a picture so you can get an idea. From the Honda side, there are 3 wires that are used:
G/I Honda
White---------White
Black----------Green
Red----------Black/White
X----------Brown
3 wires 4 wires

I hope that helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

sander

CBR ABS
Thread starter #9
My gear indicator is IDEA. I don't know if it's the same one as you bought but I attached a picture so you can get an idea. From the Honda side, there are 3 wires that are used:
G/I Honda
White---------White
Black----------Green
Red----------Black/White
X----------Brown
3 wires 4 wires

I hope that helps.

Tested it just now and it worked!

Thx for the help guys!

Attachments