News FYI: Server upgraded on Feb 1, 2019 / Temporary "Privacy Error"

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
I upgraded the server today (February 1, 2019).

Hopefully the site runs a bit faster/smoother. If not - oh well - I hate money anyways :p

You may have also received a "Privacy Error" during the upgrade.
This occurred when the move to the new server completed until I re-installed our SSL certificate.

All should be smooth sailing at this point. Let me know if any issues!

Last edited:

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
I wasn't sure if he was gonna stop! I saw 2 or 3 and reported 'spam,' by the 10th thread I got pissed off by it and messaged you lot to sort him out 😅 then Brammers through Facebook. He did have a few good deals on though.

torgeir

CB650F ABS
Apr 16, 2018
It seems to vary, a couple of hours ago it was as fast as I could expect.
Currently the page loads take around two seconds, so a bit slower.
When I posted my previous comment six-seven hours ago it was painfully slow (felt like 10+ seconds for each pageload 😱).

Loading images (media) has always been very very slow here, so I've always assumed that the forum is hosted somewhere with limited capabilites.
(I just tested a few pictures now from the recent images carousel, and they take 5-7 seconds to load [on my phone, which is currently getting 160mbps with a speedtest app so bandwith should not be a issue on the client side])

Can I help out with hosting in any way? I am a IT guy, I might be able to contribute

Last edited:

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since
Appreciate the input!

I do know our hosted images are slower. To be honest, I've always expected them to be (though not unbearably).

The reason is I rent a shared server. I know those who "get" that will cringe... But you also know how it is to pay out of pocket for something that is 0% income 😋 (which I don't mind).

Anyways, being on shared means we're very limited on what can be tweaked. Here are the stats: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/

We have the "stellar plus" plan.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since
Got any other stats available... Like data transfer, cpu usage or memory etc.?
Familiar with cPanel? I sent you an invite (email) ... To take a peak under the fairings.

Hopefully it works. I've use cPanel well over a decade but never added another user 😎

Last edited:
Top Bottom