• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Fs Fuel gauge inaccurate reading.

Recife79

CB650F ABS
Jan 25, 2021
United Kingdom
Riding Since
Hi all.

I got a question regarding a fuel gauge issue I have been experiencing. When I fill the tank to the top the 6 bars should show on the display, however the first bar on the far right which indicates the tank is full does not apear and once I start riding it appear and disappear. It seams to be a sensor issue. Does anyone experience this? Thank you for your time.

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
If you're letting the pump stop at the first click that's as full as you're filling the tank. When I do that I have the same problem, but when I fill up visually and go slightly higher I won't have any issue with getting the full bars.

Recife79

CB650F ABS
Jan 25, 2021
United Kingdom
Riding Since
Thank you buddy. Will try that. I am a little dissapointed with this bike, too many issues for a 8K miles bike.

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
I wouldn't exactly call that an issue. What other things do you have going on?

Recife79

CB650F ABS
Jan 25, 2021
United Kingdom
Riding Since
Thanks for your comment, if you fill up the gas and the gauge shows a missing bar on this play, is this not an issue? I had to change the water pump with l 7K miles... I am a little sceptical to go touring on this bike...

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
Thanks for your comment, if you fill up the gas and the gauge shows a missing bar on this play, is this not an issue? I had to change the water pump with l 7K miles... I am a little sceptical to go touring on this bike...
How do you refuel your bike?
On the sidestand or while sitting on it?

On the sidestand you won't get the tank full.

Recife79

CB650F ABS
Jan 25, 2021
United Kingdom
Riding Since
How do you refuel your bike?
On the sidestand or while sitting on it?

On the sidestand you won't get the tank full.
Hi buddy, sometimes seating or on the sta d, this is the first time I have this issue, Has this happened to you iu as well?

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
Hi buddy, sometimes seating or on the sta d, this is the first time I have this issue, Has this happened to you iu as well?
Nope. You do make sure to hold the hose in the air right?

Like not putting it in fully like you would in a car?

If that is not the issue and the tank is really full to the top. I'd suggest going to a mechanic.

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
The fuel gauge doesn't sound like an issue from what you've described. If it's on the side stand and the gas nozzle is fully inserted like a car it won't fill the tank completely. I usually fill it visually so I maximize the fuel in my tank, but in the instances where I let it auto fill it definitely doesn't hit the top bar of the gauge.

I've heard a few issues with the water pumps prematurely failing from the factory, but it seemed pretty infrequent. I wouldn't hesitate to tour anywhere or any distance on my 2019 or any of my other Honda's. All have been pretty bullet proof. I can't say the same for my Suzuki which I have now lovingly dubbed my "fifty-fifty bike". Riding it is taking a 50/50 chance of walking or pushing it home!

Recife79

CB650F ABS
Jan 25, 2021
United Kingdom
Riding Since
The fuel gauge doesn't sound like an issue from what you've described. If it's on the side stand and the gas nozzle is fully inserted like a car it won't fill the tank completely. I usually fill it visually so I maximize the fuel in my tank, but in the instances where I let it auto fill it definitely doesn't hit the top bar of the gauge.

I've heard a few issues with the water pumps prematurely failing from the factory, but it seemed pretty infrequent. I wouldn't hesitate to tour anywhere or any distance on my 2019 or any of my other Honda's. All have been pretty bullet proof. I can't say the same for my Suzuki which I have now lovingly dubbed my "fifty-fifty bike". Riding it is taking a 50/50 chance of walking or pushing it home!
Issue sorted guys, I have just completed the fuel with the bike upright, holding the hose tip on the level if the tank. Tha K you all for your suggestions, much appreciated.

Top Bottom