First ride with my son!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
So I hit another motorcycling milestone this weekend. I had my son on the back as a passenger for the very first time.
Saturday me, my son and my daughter (they are 8 and 10 years respectively) went to a moto shop to buy motorcycling gear. We scored a helmet, gloves, a jacket, back protector insert and boots. Still need to get pants because they didn't have any in their size. Luckily, despite their 2.5 years age difference, they're pretty much equally big so they can share gear, even the helmet. Now I could just slap a helmet on their heads and be done with it but I'm a big ATGATT proponent so I want them in decent gear.

So my son got his first ride on Sunday. Just taking it slowly on some 50 and 60kmh roads through the neighborhood. He said he enjoyed it and said we didn't go that fast at all 😄 So yeah I feel this is kind of a special moment because riding with my kids is inside the realm of possibilities now. My daughter will hop on in the coming days, depending on when her busy hang-out-with-my-friends schedule allows it 😅

index.jpg

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Had a short ride with my daughter as well today. When I asked her what she thought about the three noisy Harley's we were riding behind at some point, she said she thought they tried very hard to look cool, but that we were way cooler 😄

Top Bottom