Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Canada Meet Up - Yonge & Wedgewood - August 18th. Discussion/Info here.

CBR650F Exhaust Blackout

Sudesh

CBR ABS
Thread starter #1
So l was curious what some of you may have used in order to black out the exhaust. As some people has realised that maybe before getting a full system exhaust (due to the lack of slipon ability on the 650F) it would be nice to just use some method to make your exhaust look matte black rather than the classic silver to match the streamline look of the exhaust. Anyone who has preformed this task of blackout or maybe is planning I’d love to hear how you did it and how long that it lasted!

Sudesh

CBR ABS
Thread starter #6

Attachments

haqzore

CBR
Admin
Mod
Oh l wish l could use what you did... But apparently Amazon doesn't send that product to Australia, guess l'm gonna have to find a new source. But thanks Haqzore!
I'm pretty sure it's just a variation of what's generally called "plastidip" type stuff.

I used it because I wanted to be able to peel it if I didn't like it. But, I like it and it's held up just fine.

You may be able to use another plastidip variant with the same result. The cover hasn't gotten hot enough to harm what I'm using so I would guess any paint will hold up.

Sudesh

CBR ABS
Thread starter #9
I'm pretty sure it's just a variation of what's generally called "plastidip" type stuff.

I used it because I wanted to be able to peel it if I didn't like it. But, I like it and it's held up just fine.

You may be able to use another plastidip variant with the same result. The cover hasn't gotten hot enough to harm what I'm using so I would guess any paint will hold up.
Yeah l guess l will try find that kind of solution paint in stores while casually browsing.

Like Haqzore says why don't you use satin type aerosol paint.
His recommendation isn't sold in Australia where l live so l have to find a different brand or variant than him.

bobstrax

CB ABS
If you use a high temperature black exhaust paint it should dry to a lighter black, which will match the exhaust box behind it. If you use a Satin black it will stand out and you'll still notice the box behind it...imo

Sudesh

CBR ABS
Thread starter #14
Heres the one I did last year. Used Halfords High Temperature Paint, as I said it drys to a very similar colour as the box.
View attachment 1227 View attachment 1228
Man that looks so good, hopefully l find something similar in stores or online to ship to Australia in order to paint the cover. Always liked the look of a blacked out exhaust on the 650F before grabbing a full system.

Road Hog

CBR ABS
Just 1 stick of dynamite should do the trick or just wait until you get one that you like.I rode all most 1
year before i couldn't take that sound any more.You could paint it, dress it up, but the sound will still be there.
It's up to you, but i would save my money for something very good.Something with a great sound,like my
full Termignoni carbon exhaust,hand made in italy.

Last edited:

Sudesh

CBR ABS
Thread starter #20
Just 1 stick of dynamite should do the trick or just wait until you get one that you like.I rode all most 1
year before i couldn't take that sound any more.You could paint it, dress it up, but the sound will still be there.
It's up to you, but i would save my money for something good.Something with a great sound,like my
full Termignoni carbon exhaust.
Yeah l was hoping to buy this Akrapovic exhaust and just love my life hahaha.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.