• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

EURO 5 CBR650R

Maximus

CBR650R ABS
Feb 9, 2020
Hello.I am a new member and owner of a cbr300r, 2015 year model. I am considering buying a cbr650r This is a euro 4 model and there is a dealine until 2021.Do you think I should wait untill next year to buy the euro 5 version? Many thanks

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
What is Euro 5 anyway ?
Now that the UK is leaving the EU will we have different emissions standards ?
Was it Euro 4 that gave us the PAIR valve ?!

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Euro3 gave pair... 2014 regs. Although it predates that as cats use them.

Euro4 gave us the evap canister and extra ecu checks on things like the pair valve.

J

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
If u don't live in a city with a very strict 'green' policy, I would get the euro 4, as mentioned above, because its likely that the euro 5 engine will lose some power.. Some city's in europe are restricting acces for certain vehicles with an older euro rating, but even with a euro 4 you will be allowed in most places for many years.

beneweis

CBR650R ABS
May 14, 2019
What is Euro 5 anyway ?
Was it Euro 4 that gave us the PAIR valve ?!
Definitely, every motorcycle manufacturer will build models just for the massive UK market. How could they not, you guys have bought mind-boggling 107.551 units in total last year.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
No one can be sure at this point.
I'm thinking the UK will still be looking at the EU for many of its laws, for compatibility sake.

But besides that point, manufacturers probably won't be making a special UK version of a bike. At best, you'll be able to still buy bikes in the UK you can't buy in the EU, kind of like how the 600RR is still available in the US but not the EU.

Last edited:

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Definitely, every motorcycle manufacturer will build models just for the massive UK market. How could they not, you guys have bought mind-boggling 107.551 units in total last year.
Not sure if this is meant to be sarcastic or not because I have no idea about the total number of bikes sold in the UK !

Top Bottom