• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Engine Warning Light - Map Sensor

robbie_62

CBR650F ABS
Aug 19, 2020
Riding Since
Hi Folks,

First time posting here and looking for some advice,

Recently bought a 2015 CBR650F with Black Widow Exhaust,

Dropped it into local garage to get serviced and swap out the A2 Restricted ECU & Intake baffles.

Collected it last week and noticed the Engine Management light was on, garage said it might need to be run for a while to clear it as the ECU was replaced (Already suspicious at that stage!)

Drove it a few days last week ,I would say it is not running 100% seems to run funny a low revs, also sounds like it is struggling for air sometimes, when I rev it then it seems to be fine

Checked the Engine light on startup and it just blinks twice which seems to indicate the Map Sensor or Map Sensor Tube,

I would prefer to check this myself rather than going back to the garage,

From reading on here & the Service Manual do I have to strip the fairings to get at the screws for the tank or is there an easier way to see the tube so I can just check it is still connected on both ends.

Cheers

Rob

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
On the CBR you have to remove the tank “trim” if I remember right for sure to see in there and at that point might as well tip the tank up because there is a chance they thought they stuck it on, or the end of the tube might be split so you might as well do it all and be sure because it may still look good and not be.

If you’re getting a MAP error, that tube is your most likely cause. Also, if the shop sent it out that way and didn’t check codes you may want to recheck their work.

robbie_62

CBR650F ABS
Aug 19, 2020
Riding Since
Thanks that's what I was thinking, I'd like to check it over myself and see if the tube is disconnected or damaged

robbie_62

CBR650F ABS
Aug 19, 2020
Riding Since
So got around to lifting the tank this evening and found the tube not connected to the map sensor!

I followed the tube away from the map sensor and it goes into a splitter but it looks like two of the tubes have a split or maybe they are always like this?

Attachments

• 20201114_201851.jpg
    20201114_201851.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 71

robbie_62

CBR650F ABS
Aug 19, 2020
Riding Since
Yeah hopefully that clears the fault,

I have the pair valve kit from Smart Moto so I will try and fit that while I have the tank lifted.

Just stuck on the intake funnel screws, one came out straight away but the others are solid even though those intake funnels were only fitted a few weeks ago.

Finally last question, I tried to start it last night after refitting the Map Sensor tube and it looks like the battery was too low.
I had the ignition on\off a few times to check the Indicator problem

If the battery is too low can I jump it from the car?

Rob

robbie_62

CBR650F ABS
Aug 19, 2020
Riding Since
Cheers have an optimate ordered and a set of jis screwdrivers so hopefully I can get it back going soon

robbie_62

CBR650F ABS
Aug 19, 2020
Riding Since
Finally got the Optimate delivered yesterday evening, clipped it onto the battery for a few hours and she fired up straight away!

Finally no Engine warning light.

JIS Screwdrivers arrived from Amazon today so hopefully will get the Pair valve removed and start putting it back together,

I still have to fix the indicators not working on one side but I'm hoping that's just a bad wire as I think the Indicators were changed by the previous owner (A lot of tape on the wires so I suspect they have been cut and rejoined!)

Hoping to strip them and solder them together properly so they don't break again

Top Bottom