• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

engine swap!?

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
View attachment 2274

Think this confirms your suspicions, I didn't even realise they were different until you said. The caliper looks more refined and the fluid hose has moved to the top. Judging by the exposed pad on the skinnier pre-facelift caliper and the position of the pad pin, I'd say the pads are the same. The whole thing is interchangeable based on the forks fixture points but as you said, caliper bracket and speed sensor are different.

I saw a CBR500R ABS 2017 the other day. It has the same Newer Brake caliper of the CBR650F 2017-2018

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Pic of the current CBR500R from the dealer I got my bike from:
118845_2018_CBR500R_Graphite_Black_Silver_Stripe-1.jpg

It's got wavy brake discs alright

mikey1time

CBR650F ABS
Mar 10, 2018
hi guys, sorry been busy trying to rebuild etc.... i can give you all a heads up.... fairings are interchangeable however head light is different as we know, calipers are the same and fit fine however the abs doesnt fit calipers, tried swapping wiring but just comes up with errors so have had to run old calipers with old abs on new forks and wheel, abs rings the same disks and pads are fine also, the wiring harness from the nose cone is different though, you can fit it but you wont get any head lights only sidelights and the hiss rings/ ignition are also wired differently on the loom, even when you change the top yoke for barrel and hiss ring the engine wont start this is either due to the hiss and ecu are wired up or the wiring is wrong?!? either way the fuel pump wouldnt even kick in so guessing more wiring loom than ecu immobilised, forks are different however are the same in regards to fit so thats cool, alternator covers and clutch covers are interchangeable just be mindful of the location sleeve on the alternator cover! exhaust are not the same either the new is a little shorter in length making it tricky to fit but possible however once again the pain is you have to swap the 02 sensor as they have moved it to the other side of the exhaust so its not long enough, if any1 wants to know if something fits or works while there both still in bits let me know lol

mikey1time

CBR650F ABS
Mar 10, 2018
also for those who asked how did i blow the engine up..... i think it took too much of a beating being more or permanently pinned at 142 for 2 tanks because after that it started to sound abit not impressed but at least it got me home :) good old honda

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
hi guys, sorry been busy trying to rebuild etc.... i can give you all a heads up.... fairings are interchangeable however head light is different as we know, calipers are the same and fit fine however the abs doesnt fit calipers, tried swapping wiring but just comes up with errors so have had to run old calipers with old abs on new forks and wheel, abs rings the same disks and pads are fine also, the wiring harness from the nose cone is different though, you can fit it but you wont get any head lights only sidelights and the hiss rings/ ignition are also wired differently on the loom, even when you change the top yoke for barrel and hiss ring the engine wont start this is either due to the hiss and ecu are wired up or the wiring is wrong?!? either way the fuel pump wouldnt even kick in so guessing more wiring loom than ecu immobilised, forks are different however are the same in regards to fit so thats cool, alternator covers and clutch covers are interchangeable just be mindful of the location sleeve on the alternator cover! exhaust are not the same either the new is a little shorter in length making it tricky to fit but possible however once again the pain is you have to swap the 02 sensor as they have moved it to the other side of the exhaust so its not long enough, if any1 wants to know if something fits or works while there both still in bits let me know lol

Can you confirm the 2017/2018 fork legs fit in the 2014 to 2016 triple trees and with 2014 to 2016 calipers, discs, wheels, etc?

It looks like I can just buy 2017/2018 Cbr650f fork leg assemblies as OEM parts from Honda and they’ll just bolt on to my 2014 Cbr650f.

Top Bottom