Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650R Engine stutters / won't go above 6000 RPM

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
In my experience it's not bullshit.
It is. You said yourself:

The bikes are good but my experience with the dealers aren't and Ile comment on what I want cheers mate
Dealers can suck, there are good and bad ones. You found bad ones, now find a good one.

Out of all the brands I've owned Honda has been the overall best for me!
This has been my and my family’s opinion with 50+ years of Honda experience.

So far Ducati has treated me pretty well but I’ve had a couple wiggles I wouldn’t have had with a Honda that took time to fix, more than it should have. And I’ve had several things they’ve dealt with, never had that with another bike.

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
and Ile comment on what I want cheers mate
D Drewster123 I’m not going to play god here, but make no mistake, you are able to post and comment on here because the staff has allowed it. Brammers Brammers was hinting quite nicely to you but I’m going to outright say it: your constant pissing and moaning about your restricted bike and dislike of Honda is getting old and if you want to continue to comment on this forum you may want to check the attitude.

If I was your age with a 650F I’d be the happiest MF-er in the world, even if it was restricted. We get it, you think you got screwed because the bike doesn’t excite you and it doesn’t have adjustable suspension. And you hate your dealer, So maybe it’s time to move onto something that does with a different dealer. We’ve given you plenty of advice, might be time to take it.

Or start providing constructive info on the forum.

Was that clear enough?

RAFHonda

CB650R ABS
D Drewster123 I’m not going to play god here, but make no mistake, you are able to post and comment on here because the staff has allowed it. Brammers Brammers was hinting quite nicely to you but I’m going to outright say it: your constant pissing and moaning about your restricted bike and dislike of Honda is getting old and if you want to continue to comment on this forum you may want to check the attitude.

If I was your age with a 650F I’d be the happiest MF-er in the world, even if it was restricted. We get it, you think you got screwed because the bike doesn’t excite you and it doesn’t have adjustable suspension. And you hate your dealer, So maybe it’s time to move onto something that does with a different dealer. We’ve given you plenty of advice, might be time to take it.

Or start providing constructive info on the forum.

Was that clear enough?
Amen.

Devilsfan

CB650F
I'm not a moderator so those who are can do what they feel they need to regarding Drewster.

That said, I kind of understand how he feels if his Honda experience has been less than positive. When my Kawasaki pushed my final button I didn't have anything good to say on the Versys forum about it! It took me a while to cool down and become a positive member of that forum. Eventually, I realized that those with a Versys were enjoying their bikes and, just because of my (and a few other's, so I wasn't alone!) experiences weren't as good didn't mean that all the Versys models...and Kawasaki itself...was a bad company or product!

Like Mike stated above, comes down to finding that one bike that can fit your needs. For me, that Versys was the bomb!!! Until you had to do simple maintenance and then the checkbook and every tool known to man had to come out! Regardless, the end result was my current Honda CB650F and I am loving the hell out of this thing!

I know Honda from previous ownership, they've been the most reliable, most easy to maintain and have provided me the greatest experiences in riding! But, like every brand, Honda has some bikes that just aren't for me!

So in Drewster's case I think he should look for something different and go from there. I'd still welcome his thoughts and insight on this forum so as long as it's rational and civil. Just like anyone else! I do think it's important to note any shortcomings with these motorcycles for either future reference or for possible future owners to evaluate our experiences.

And sometimes, it's just all in the way you say it!

gilles

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #45
I emailed a screenshot of this thread to one of the mechanics at my local Honda, and he replied saying that he's surprised that he hasn't heard the issue as of yet, especially if Honda UK know about it.

I just can't wait to go out and enjoy it without the fear of losing all power when overtaking a car! :joyful:

Thanks for the info, perhaps I didn't consider how few A2/Quickshifter combination CB650R/CBR650Rs there are out there!

I'll be interested to see if they perform the same fix!
Any updates yet ?

gilles

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #46
RAFHonda RAFHonda and how is your bike ?
Still at the dealer of is it fixed ?

RAFHonda

CB650R ABS
I've got her back!!

It was a bit of an ordeal but it's all fixed now and they even did a discount on my first service as a gesture of goodwill :)

They got the bike and set about refitting the A2 restriction and the quickshifter, but the mechanic took it out for a ride and he said it was worse?!

He ended up having to order a different set of air trumpets which took a while to come, but when they were fitted it worked like it should. The mechanic said that the TCS kicking in is a failsafe installed in the ECU map to prevent customers from removing the A2 restriction themselves, but it somehow activates when there's a quickshifter installed.

I'm so happy that it's all sorted now, I have peace of mind when I commit to an overtake that I won't be caught short in the oncoming lane :eek:

Thanks all for the help