Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650R Engine stutters / won't go above 6000 RPM

gilles

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #22
** UPDATE **

Just got a call from my dealer; they have got an answer from Honda Belgium!
Honda claims it's an upcomming problem/issue with bikes who are 35 kw ( restricted) and have the quickshifter installed.
The restriction and quickshifter interferes somehow in the software/mapping and that causes a stutter as soon the 6k rmp is reached.

Tomorrow I'll bring my bike to them & they're gonne remove the restriction, reinstall it and remap it with new software.
What they will do excactly/change I don't know :oops: but what I know, is that the bike won't be ready untill next week :)

As soon as I have more info to give about this 'new' problem and what the exact solution was, I will post it here!

gilles

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #24
Hellow !

I’m just back from my dealer (only had time this weekend to take it back home)

Problem = solved ✅
—> they removed the restriction complete (software and the smaller air intakes) + quickshifter! Then they’ve build it back on the bike with new software on the ECU. And with that, the problem was finally solved 😅

It’s still fairley new problem as I said, only 2 other bikers in Belgium have this problem reported too.

Guess this is the downside of being an ‘young’ biker that needs to ride restricted bikes 😉

And as you guys said & I expected, it was on their costs.

Thanks for your tips and help!

Gilles