• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Engine oil and oil filter change

Status
Not open for further replies.

YJ

CB650F
Apr 21, 2020
Riding Since
I have a 2018 CB650F ABS. Can anyone please recommend the engine oil and oil filter I can buy off the shelf (Canadian tire, wal-mart, etc) that are a good fit for my bike. BTW, I live in British Columbia, Canada. Thanks a million!

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
before we give specific opinions, have you searched 10w30 yet? There are a couple of threads already where folks have chimed in. I buy the Honda oil and filter from Amazon

Last edited:

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
OEM filter and Castrol oil here. But yes, a quick search will yield a ton of results. Go for "10w30" search, a few good threads pop up.

"yet another oil thread", almost as good as "yet another exhaust thread" :D

YJ

CB650F
Apr 21, 2020
Riding Since
Thanks guys. I'm new to this. I did some search on oil and 10w30 on this site and read the discussions. Somehow it's not easy to get 10w30 motorcycle engine oil here in Canada for some reason. I am also having a hard time finding vendors for the Honda oem oil filters etc..... sigh....

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
15410-MFJ-D01 is the filter part #, may help, common to many Honda beyond 650. No Honda motorcycle dealer around? All over ebay, too.
I buy minimum 3 at a clip as same filter fits my VFR800 and I frequently do Honda service for others, having a couple on the shelf no major investment.

Last edited:

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
Thanks guys. I'm new to this. I did some search on oil and 10w30 on this site and read the discussions. Somehow it's not easy to get 10w30 motorcycle engine oil here in Canada for some reason. I am also having a hard time finding vendors for the Honda oem oil filters etc..... sigh....

Canadian Tire carries the Fram oil filter if you don't mind that brand. I've used about 15 Fram filters on my truck without issue so was not afraid to try one one the bike. I currently have the Honda 10w40 oil in my bike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom