• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Do these easy mods now and ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
No, they won't, and I addressed this in my original postings because the other thread is suggesting to use resistors of low value to match the PAIR solenoid. When you use a 10K ohm resistor there is minimal current flowing through and far less than 1W worth of power. Resistors do not resist voltage; they resist current, and the less current flowing through a resistor the less heat needs to bed dissipated. The higher the impedenace, the lower the current, and also the lower power rating required.

All that is needed to avoid the CEL is continuity or voltage, so technically any resistor would work for that purpose. The ECU checks for voltage and not current. It is a lot easier to find 10K ohm resistors, or even 20-30K ohm than the suggested 24 to 27 ohm resistor in the other thread.
I DID NOT USE ANY RESISTORS AND IT NEVER COMPLAINED.
2018 model

Danielegenovesi76

CB650F ABS
Aug 8, 2020
Riding Since
Just plug those freaking air filter with rubber plug and we are good no need to argues guys we here to help each other I learn a lot since I buy the bike mostly from this forum everyone has a lot of knowledge and different point of view just be nice

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
I DID NOT USE ANY RESISTORS AND IT NEVER COMPLAINED.
2018 model
Hey Fog, -I'm in complete agreement here. There's too much noise here about nothing. Put a cheap rubber plug on the airbox and take away things on top of the motor a far as you want to go. -Enough said!

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Yes, yes. We get it. You don't have a freakin clue what you're talking about but you watched a video on YT and now you're the go-to expert on the topic. Gotta love the internet where everyone is an engineer, a mechanic, a doctor, all the time. I have done the mods in the original post of this thread AND I'm not trying to sell you merch or shill some services. I have updated this thread with reports and guess what - thousands of miles NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM and my bike runs better now than it did brand new. And what is your contribution? Squawking nonsensical "concerns" to dissuade people from improving their ride? Look, if you're scared to do this then don't do it. But don't dump your FUD in here trying to sound like there's some kind of "big risks" involved because of your quack theories about what the PAIR system is for or how a cata actually works.

There's no need for that. Keep it civil.

This topic has been well covered anyway, including all the points you have made, in this thread which started over 4 years ago.

People will accumulate their knowledge from wherever they see fit and some use forums to verify that or ask further questions, why chastise them for doing so? You need to appreciate the breadth of experience on this forum or you'll find similarly disapproving responses in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom