• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Discs

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
I replaced front rotors and pads at 5K when they were making a most unpleasant noise under low speed, light braking. Replaced them with Galfer rotors and HP pads. per Brammers @Brammers post, what is your issue?

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Brake discs shouldn't need replacing at 5,000 miles !

totally agree! First I sanded them with 80 grit. Lasted about a day. Then I pulled them off and cleaned them up with a roloc disc and angle die grinder. Lasted about two weeks. Always back to a low speed groan. Replaced them and haven’t had an issue in 5000 miles.

1A0F2B5A-77CA-4DE1-AED1-5B4BDB5BBAAA.jpeg

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
What pads? At 32k here on original discs with no issues and no real wear either.

Using Ebc hh pads.

J
My first attempt to fix the problem was pad change. I swapped to the EBC HH and cleaned up the rotors with Sandpaper. That only cured it for a week. Then I pulled the front wheel, removed the rotors and used the die grinder/roloc. Got a few quiet weeks. Problem returned and that’s when I decided to replace the rotors themselves. They were getting glazed somehow. new rotors with Ebc pads have been quiet and problem free.

Top Bottom