• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Disconnecting Oxygen Sensor Connector

Pete J

CBR650F ABS
Nov 20, 2018
I know that this topic has been covered before (by Brammers and others), but I am requesting more specific details. I can barely touch the connector with the tips of my fingers, so I have no chance of pressing the release latch by hand. I will have to make a tool to press the release latch while at the same time being able to see what I am doing. Can some please tell me exactly where I must press on the connector to make Oxygen Sensor Connector Close-up.JPGit release? I have attached a photo of my connector (2017 CBR650FA).
Peter Johnson

Pete J

CBR650F ABS
Nov 20, 2018
A small j-hook right in the front there. Gently pull the tab outward and it will release the plastic catch.

View attachment 10130
Many thanks Baugustine. You are a scholar and a gentleman. I am glad that I asked. In the original post one reply said, "Press the clip", and the other advised "Squeeze and pull". I thought that it looked like a latch, but I needed to be sure. It's that dark under there, I needed to take a photo to have any clue what the connector looked like.
Peter Johnson

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
BTW, the other posters were not wrong either. If you press or squeeze the lower part you’ll get the the same result. I was simply providing an alternative if you cannot get your fingers in there to do so!

Pete J

CBR650F ABS
Nov 20, 2018
My thanks again for the replies - I now know what to do.
Peter Johnson

Top Bottom