• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Derestricting LAMS version ECU (Australia)

Should their be an OEM derestricting option available?

• Total voters

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
I was told by my dealer not to bother.
Apparently they've done something that requires the ignition system to be changed as well as the ECU.

Duncan

CBR650F
Honorable Discharge
Odominator
May 3, 2015
SEQ Australia
once again a dealer does not want to know. last time they quoted $3000 for the job.
how to do it is in the workshop manual, it's a bit scary for the 1st timer but do able.
and as Brammers points out, the ECM, and key are coded to the collar around the ignition barrel.

but, you can find ECM, ignition, all 3 locks and 2 keys on ebay to swap out for less than $1000.

It's bullshit that no one wants to touch it for less than $1500. it's also shit that honda it's importing the full power and soem honda dealers in QLD are fillign after market pipes which accordign tot he law stops the bike being LAMS, while still only having 30kW. FFS.
and thats a free pipe worth almost as much as a "fix" to make it full power.

Allan

CB650F ABS
Mar 9, 2018
Melbourne
Hi guys, I have a 2016 CB650F LAMS and I am in the process of removing the restrictions. I also work at a motorcycle store and the cheapest way to remove the restrictions is $500.00 + the new intakes and there is no need to get new keys hiss or anything like that. There is a place in Perth which will wipe and tune your ecu (ecuwest) and they will also reset it back to factory if you want to ever sell it as a LAMS bike. I haven't got around to doing it yet as I am waiting to get my akra pipe for it before I send the ecu away.

Allan

CB650F ABS
Mar 9, 2018
Melbourne
They have borrowed a bike from somebody and from what that said in the description I don't beleive it was a easy task for them to do but they managed it. ("We’ve been lucky enough to have one for a few months to crack the ECU and its information to make quite a decent sporty 650")

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Impressive. Not quite as good as can be done (they've managed stock hp with an ixil on it).

If fully de-restricted with an exhaust I would be expecting mid 80s at the rear wheel.

IMO!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Interesting. If they found a way to modify the ECU mappings, then tuning without the use of piggyback systems (like PC5) would be possible for non LAMS bikes as well.
The only drawback to that is you’re looking at a setting they burn into an ECU that works for the bike they tested not your specific motorcycle which can vary quite a bit from unit to unit. So you’re probably looking at 80-90% of its true capability at best with a generic ECU flash. That’s why DynoJet strongly suggests you not share maps between bikes; what may have worked on my particular bike won’t work on your particular bike, etc. and you be running a dangerously lean or overly rich setting.

A PCV with a dyno tuning from a reputable shop is still your best bet at a “perfectly” tuned fuel system.

The above link doesn’t make sense to me because I thought LAMS were restricted to the 50hp range, similar to the A2 models. The dyno graph shows 65hp for a baseline.

Jerriri

CBR650F ABS
Apr 12, 2018
I've had my cbr650 2017 model derestricted and tuned. ECU needs to be unlocked, get a powercommander, engine mapping need to be changed. Need a full exhaust system to get the most power out of it and also need a new air filter. Im running two brothers full system, a BMC air filter and dynojet quickshifter. Attached before and after tune dyno graphs to give you guys an idea. Ive since had it fine tuned and its making 90hp. Total cost for me was $1500 for the ECU unlock, tune, powercommander and air filter. Exhaust was 1.5k. So all up $3k to get to 90hp.

Attachments

• 54D27E36-1DE7-42CD-96CE-9CA0BA22C2FE.jpeg
    54D27E36-1DE7-42CD-96CE-9CA0BA22C2FE.jpeg
    674.9 KB · Views: 139

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I've had my cbr650 2017 model derestricted and tuned. ECU needs to be unlocked, get a powercommander, engine mapping need to be changed. Need a full exhaust system to get the most power out of it and also need a new air filter. Im running two brothers full system, a BMC air filter and dynojet quickshifter. Attached before and after tune dyno graphs to give you guys an idea. Ive since had it fine tuned and its making 90hp. Total cost for me was $1500 for the ECU unlock, tune, powercommander and air filter. Exhaust was 1.5k. So all up $3k to get to 90hp.
WOW :cool:

cferg

CB650F ABS
Jan 5, 2018
Aus
That’s epic :O
If I could ask a few question :p would love to do this to my CB
Where abouts in Australia was that done?
Also did they provide the PC ect?
Cheers man

Hemi001

CB650F ABS
Apr 23, 2018
I will be doing my cb this week in melbourne i will post results. I have been quoted 1k for dyno tune and all parts needed to unrestrict.

Hemi001

CB650F ABS
Apr 23, 2018
Just picked her up from shop was deristricted today and wow the difference is amazing absolutly love it best $1000 ever spent.

Top Bottom