• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Derestricting LAMS version ECU (Australia)

Should their be an OEM derestricting option available?

• Total voters

Koala Lumpur

CB650F ABS
Nov 26, 2020
Riding Since
How comes there is no OEM derestricting option? What if a someone holds an open licence? Do they have to just sell the bike and buy another one with no restrictions? This is ridiculous.

akadeo

CB650F
Jul 13, 2021
Riding Since
you should have found that the inlet trumpets were restricted. this has the same effect as a throttle stop. restricted air flow.
In this way the ECM is mapped to use full movement on the throttle position sensor (TPS) but the air flow will always be restricted.
It's that mapping that stops us removing the inlet stacks and replacing them with the 14-15 year models. The ECM will not deliver the right fuel for the air flow. Unless you want to experiment that the O2 sensor can compensate.

you 1st need to contact the RMS and ask if you can deLAMS a bike. they may not legally allow it. there are stories, but we'll move on for now.

Generally, there are 4 options.

Retaining current ECM, to retain current set of keys.
1: Get a new set of inlets, get a power commander and get a shop to dyno the shit out of it to emulate the correct mapping.
2: Get a new set of inlets, Flash the ECM.

New ECM. *** IMPORTANT STUFF ABOUT HISS.***
3: Get a new or 2nd hand ECM. you will also need the keys and the ignition barrel as the HISS links the keys, the lock and the ECM. the ECM can either be a 14-15 model (CB/R650FAE-F) or an over seas set. the OEM part number can be checked at any OEM parts supplies on the net that crosslink the part number to all the bikes it comes from.

Buy a bike.
4: buy the 2014 or 2015 model and enjoy the extra money the sale of the LAMS bike afforded over the cost of the older model.

Allrighty, stories.
if RMS do not allow the modification of the bike and you sell it, you may be liable for a seeming LAMS bike being full power if some one fucks them selves up. this was a thing back in the 250cc days and some 2 strokes could have a 350 head put on form a similar model. which may also be why RMS do not like doing it.
If you were in QLD you could have the VIN taken of the LAMS list. it's a one way trip.

lastly, honda are fucksticks for going LAMS on the 650 with the 500 doing a lot better in the LAMS market. and being $2000+ cheaper.
Hey mate, I am quiet new to all of this and planning to derestrict my bike after I get my full license.

I was thinking of going with option 1, do you think that is the most accessible in derestricting my bike down the road? I am from Sydney and cant seem to find some places that do it.. do you recommend buying the power commander from QLD or Melb?

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
akadeo @akadeo , unfortunately, Duncan @Duncan has been MIA for quite a while. We have no way to contact him, so we do not know his whereabouts. We (staff) just didn't want you thinking you are being ignored. Maybe other users in AUS can help?

akadeo

CB650F
Jul 13, 2021
Riding Since
akadeo @akadeo , unfortunately, Duncan @Duncan has been MIA for quite a while. We have no way to contact him, so we do not know his whereabouts. We (staff) just didn't want you thinking you are being ignored. Maybe other users in AUS can help?
Thank for letting me know. I found out if I go the new air valves and flash ECU route, I can send in my ECU to be flash by Dynobike in another state in Australia . I can do the rest myself from their YouTube video. They commented on their video mentioning we can send them our ECU to be flashed, then they will send it back and we can just plug and play without dyno. Not sure here is any negative issues with that?

Last edited:

n02

CB650F ABS
Jul 20, 2021
Riding Since
akadeo @akadeo I’m also in Sydney and on the hunt and looking at options at the moment. Nothing locally here I had found either but if I do I will let you know

Top Bottom