• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CB650F Dan's CB650F - White/Matte Black/Red Pinstripes

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Hello guys, I've just completely lifted this from the old forum.

Bought the bike brand new & restricted in September 2014, so far covered only 10,000 miles, I do baby this bike perhaps a bit too much but I really enjoy the modifications aspect of owning vehicles just as much as the riding/driving. I find it very interesting breaking things down and learning about how they work and have been put together. This is my first bike & it's now unrestricted and quite a bit different from when it was bought.

A few mods and pictures of my CB650F are below but haven't got many up to date as yet, I have linked to threads specific to the mods I have carried out if anyone is interested in a particular one:

Akrapovic Racing Exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Dynojet Quickshifter
Dynojet PCV
Integrated Map Switch
PAIR Valve disabled & removed
Samco Silicon Red Coolant Hoses
D.I.D. 525VXGB Chain
Renthal Front Sprocket
Supersprox Dual Compound Red Rear Sprocket
Titanium Sprocket Nuts
HEL SS Braided Brake Lines:
Front - Rear
EBC Sintered Pads
EJC Ohlins Shock Absorber
Andreani Cartridge Kit
Michelin Pilot Road 4 now fitted
Magnetic Sump Plug (hardly a mod but useful)

Ermax belly pan
Ermax rear hugger
Ermax rear seat cover
Ermax tail tidy inc. under seat fairing
Honda fly screen
Honda Heated Grips
KOSO Unlimited LED front and rear indicators
Flasher Relay to correct indicator pace
3D Gel & Hi-Line text, number plate
Top Block Racing Frame Sliders (Scroll down)
Evotech Performance Radiator Guard (Scroll down)
CRG arrow bar end mirrors
Renthal Ultra Low handlebars in silver
V-trec Vario III Brake and Clutch Levers
Mini H1 Projector Lens Conversion
6000K H1 XB35 Xenon Bulb
2017> clear brake light
Denali SoundBomb Mini
Red dressing bolts on footpegs and luggage mount
5V 3A phone charger from optional accessory port under seat
Illuminated engine area & improved storage space

Custom brackets for rear indicators, phone mount, shock reservoir and preload adjuster
Removed rear foot pegs
Wheels refurbished from black to white and Ceramic Coating applied
Red pinstripes vinyl & Honda Racing logo applied to rims
Matte black tank stripe vinyl with red pinstripes vinyl
Matte black front fender stripe vinyl with red pinstripes vinyl
Red pinstripes vinyl applied to rear hugger and rear seat cover
Matte black headlight fairing vinyl with red pinstripes vinyl
Mod manufacturer decals on both sides around seat and tank

Hope you guys like it. I've put some comparison shots from Day 1 and now below too.

Now
20190504_162901.jpg

20190504_163139 (2).jpg

Day 1IMAG1799.jpg

IMAG1795.jpg

This is one of the brackets I had to make myself so the indicators would fit to the tail tidy. 50mm aluminium angle cut down, drilled, primed and sprayed black. Lot of effort but I was really happy how they turned out.
EDIT 8.jpg 20190504_161742.jpg 20190504_162958.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Moderate difference, at high speed wind blast isn't much of an issue with it but there are better screens out there for the job, I only wanted a short one for aesthetic reasons more so.

While you're here, great job designing the new forum ;) it's very slick. Much easier to use/navigate than the old one, cheers!

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
Moderate difference, at high speed wind blast isn't much of an issue with it but there are better screens out there for the job, I only wanted a short one for aesthetic reasons more so.

While you're here, great job designing the new forum ;) it's very slick. Much easier to use/navigate than the old one, cheers!
Agree with the aesthetics part... Wind screens make a huge difference in appearance.

And thanks!

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
It was fiddly at best, removing the bars is easy and removing the peripherals on the bars too. But replacing them on the new one and getting it just right for yourself is where it gets fiddly. But worth it in my opinion, it's obviously much better when you've made it your own setup. I'm going to transfer some info from the old forum shortly onto this one. Link below, it has some before and after shots, with measurements of new against old (bought Renthal Ultra-Low in Silver)

http://650f.bike/threads/cb650f-handlebars.70/

Last edited:

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Based on A @ADIOS600's purchase I also bought myself an Evotech Radiator Guard a few days ago, excellent quality, fit and look to it.

EDIT 9.jpg

Also purchased some frame sliders from Top Block Racing. Incredibly solid and fit straight to the frame, stylish and follow the canted lines of the bike too.

EDIT 2.jpg

EDIT.jpg

EDIT 3.jpg

Chip

CB650F ABS
Oct 3, 2017
How difficult was it to remove the pair valves and what difference has it made. I have the 2017 CB650F model and these valves are really noisy when off the throttle.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Very nice.

Those sliders look good. How many mounting points are there?

Thanks guys,

2 mounting points, directly into the frame. They use an extended m10 and m12 bolts, replacing the old ones and compensating for the extra length needed.

Last edited:

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
How difficult was it to remove the pair valves and what difference has it made. I have the 2017 CB650F model and these valves are really noisy when off the throttle.

Pair valve was probably a 7 out of 10 to do. If you're mechanically minded and patient it can be done. This is my first bike and so first time stripping it down this far and I had no issues other than double checking most steps just to be sure I reassembled properly.

See here for guidance and feedback on the mod: http://650f.bike/threads/pair-valve-removal.125/

Worthwhile mod though for sure, on closing the throttle there is no distinct noise that I can hear, it's more the feel of the bike when accelerating and decelerating. It's incredibly smooth, it eliminates some of the pops on the over-run from the exhaust but it's a trade off I'm happy to make for improved rideability.

Last edited:

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
So I went crazy last week and spent too much on toys for the bike. My girlfriend was all for it to my amazement so we both indulged a bit. (a lot.....probably too much)

20180810_012855.jpg

For me:
Dynojet PCV, HEL braided lines, x3 pairs EBC HH sintered pads, Putoline brake fluid, 3l Putoline Ultracool 12 coolant, soldering kit, brake bleeding kit and some Wurth chain lube & cleaner.

Got to make the most of opportunities like that 😂

For her:
Shark D-Skwal helmet
Leather jacket and boots

shark_helmet_d-skwal_black_pink_pearl.jpg

It's been a good few days stripping the bike to fit it all, the PCV was incredibly simple to install and shout out to Brammers @Brammers and rustyeyed @rustyeyed for their braided lines walk-throughs, it made things very simple when figuring out the orientation and process overall. Having never bled brakes before this was also new ground for me and taking it slow I've managed to do it okay, front and rear are so much firmer than before. Have yet to ride and bed the new pads in but will post back with images once I've had time.

Mapping is arranged for late next week now 👍🏼

Last edited:

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Haha, thanks! It's had a bit more tinkering since then, namely the suspension, I should get it cleaned up and post some fresh photos. How do you like your new CB?

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Cleaned the bike to death the last few days, will be away for the summer working so unfortunately won't be riding it much which I'm pretty gutted about but pleased it's sitting comfortably now. Also had some forum logo stickers made up by a sign manufacturer I used to work for. Very happy how they came out!

20190504_162925.jpg

20190504_162422.jpg 20190504_162516.jpg

Top Bottom