• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear CrossHelmet (Kickstarter)

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
Ouch $$$ nice though.
Wouldn't the HUD be distracting, if left on permanently ie Nav ?
It's a risk to consider, but I don't think so... Unless you let it be.

I use GPS on my phone via RAM mount and don't get distracted. Not the same, I realize, bit similar concept.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
I'm interested to see how skully ends up. The last attempt at making a helmet under that brand was a disaster.
I am not really into these high tech helmets too much of a distraction at times,BUT
my next helmet that gives me a better view of what goes on behind me is the new
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/reevu/msx1/ It looks good and
is made for sports bikes.A much better view behind us,makes the blind spots go away.
Check it out!
Interesting. The CrossHelmet has a rear view camera that displays on the HUD, but this one seems to do it mechanically rather than digitally.

Honestly, whichever functions best gets my vote.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Re: Skully, I think the product has some real potential. They crashed and burned the first time because the leadership at the company treated the corp checking account as their own personal Mad money. They should be going to prison for some financial crime.

It will be interesting to see if the new owners can restore that tarnished image and make a great product.

The MSX1 is also interesting, but it seems the technology today has surpassed manual mirrors, and a small camera in the back of the helmet with an HUD would make that idea very enticing.

Top Bottom