• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Cooling Fan

Arthur45

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
Sorry, quick question. I had a little issue with some road debris on a ride. Checking the bike over everything seems fine. But when spinning the cooling fan around by hand looking for damage I noticed it is quiet spinning in one direction but has a faint whirring noise the other direction. Could some one check theirs and let me know if this is normal. Can't see any physical damage to the fan or rad thankfully.

Thanks in advance

JH09

CB650R ABS
Jul 29, 2020
Riding Since
mine spins freely when spun towards the clutch side, has a little click when spun towards the throttle side. i assume it is meant to spin in one direction. mine is a diff
year / model, hope this helps!

Arthur45

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
mine spins freely when spun towards the clutch side, has a little click when spun towards the throttle side. i assume it is meant to spin in one direction. mine is a diff
Ah thanks very much.....I'll check the bike later and come back again to confirm.....really appreciate your heep.....I suspect the components will be the same....

Arthur45

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
Just checked the bike. Yeap free spin to clutch lever side, slight clicking to throttle side. So should be all good.

You spend half your riding time on UK roads looking for potholes, poor surface and debris.

Thanks again though for your help.

Top Bottom