• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Coolant Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur45

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
Hi,

Whilst checking my bike over today I noticed that the coolant level seemed low. I got my wife to hold the bike upright and checked the reservoir bottle properly. I couldn’t see the level against the lower or upper marks. So I took the cap off and shone a torch inside. You could see the blue coolant over the far side of the bottle but obviously not enough to get over the lip in the base to show at front. So there is coolant in the bike, but I will need to obviously top it up. The bike hasn’t yet reached 1000 miles yet. When riding, or just letting it tick over for a few minutes when I haven’t started it for a few weeks, I have never seen the overheat warning on the dash. So I don’t think this will have caused any damage. The bike runs fine.

Can anyone tell me if it’s normal for these bikes to lose a little bit of coolant overtime? The bike is 2 years old, but due to the lock downs in the UK and a few health issues it hasn't been used a great deal in the last 7 months.

The coolant is blue. Looking at the manual it advises using Pro Honda Coolant with a 50 50 mix of distilled water and antifreeze.

My dealer is shut due to the current second UK lockdown, so I can’t pop in to pick up a bottle.

Can I ask what other people use, and really silly question but as long as the mix between water and antifreeze is the same proportions is a different colour coolant an issue?

many thanks and sorry for my ignorance........

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Going to close this as a duplicate.

If you click on the tag link, you'll get results answering the same questions. Any follow up can be done on those threads.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom