• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Conti Road Attack 3 ?

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Hello All,

Any experience and/or opinions about this tire on our bikes?

They are quite new and get very good scores in many reviews.
contiroadattack3-image.png

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
There are so many ways to go on tires.These tires look good and they added more silica to this model.
I have metzler's road 01,they are sort of new to thailand but they are great in the wet and dry.But don't
count out the new pr5 michelin's. Happy shopping!

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Lots of discussions on here regarding tyres. And some good advice too.I am looking to replace my tyres but cannot make my mind up. I do fancy the Pr5,the Angel gt and the Roadsmart 3.The metzeler 01 looks good too. I think parting with the dosh is the biggest issue lol.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
For a tyre called "attack" it has a tire tread with many "rain drain gaps" on the outer edge. Good if you want a good/fast tire in the rain. If not, you might find even better ones.
Really depends on your use for it but all in all it looks like a "sporty allrounder" for any weather and road conditions. If you are looking for that they seem not bad (of course just looking at the thread pattern).
In that case maybe check out the Michelin Road 5.

Could someone please liberate me and tell me the English technical term for those "rain drain gaps". Thanks!!!

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
I think it is water drainage grooves, but not sure...
I was very impressed by a review on "KurvenradiusTV". Sorry for the English guys (it's in German).

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
The gaps are called "sipes".
I think it is water drainage grooves, but not sure...

Thank you gentleman!

I now found this after typing "tire sipe" into good old Google.

It seems like grooves is the term I was looking for.

tire-elements.gif

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Just read a great review in these tires in the BMW Owners Group magazine, seems like a great sport touring tire. Several years ago a trusted shop suggested I run a Race Attack front and a Road Attack rear on my 954RR and it was a great combo that wore very evenly instead of the typical two rears for every front I had been running on my liter bikes.

I think these are going to be similar to the Pirelli Angel GT’s in that they are a bit more of a SPORT touring tire rather than a sport TOURING tire that the Pilot Roads have been. My dad is running T30’s on his F4i and they work fairly well and are pretty grippy, I’m still running S21’s on the 650F but they’ll probably get swapped this summer at some point because they are getting a bit ragged.

Looking forward to the long term reviews on these, would be nice on the Sprint GT.

zipitup

CBR650F ABS
Dec 16, 2018
Is that tyre (Conti Road Attack 3) available in Thailand?

I'm from Malaysia and they're not available anywhere here. I've even called their HQ office and main distributor. They said that they're not planning to bring it in due to low demand in bike tyres.

Top Bottom