• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CMX1100 REBEL

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Was interested in the new Honda CMX1100 Rebel and looked on the Honda website and played their sound of the engine which presumably was intended to attract purchasers. All I could hear was a lot of rattling and a tinny sounding exhaust ,not what I would have expected and it wouldn't help persuade me to buy it. Maybe it sounds better in real life !

JH09

CB650R ABS
Jul 29, 2020
Riding Since
probably does sound better in person, i assume all new models need to be EURO 5 compliant?

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
probably does sound better in person, i assume all new models need to be EURO 5 compliant?
All new models will need to comply with relevant current regulations ,whatever they are ! Are UK bikes still governed by EU standards since we left the EU ?

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
All new models will need to comply with relevant current regulations ,whatever they are ! Are UK bikes still governed by EU standards since we left the EU ?
That's one of the brexit catch-22's.
You step out of the EU to get rid of EU product regulations, but still are indirectly subject to them because the EU still is a thing that, in its entirety, is more important than just the UK.
Manufacturers will have to build a EU compliant model regardless and won't bother developing a non-compliant version just for the British market. Also, don't forget that all EU laws up to Brexit have been ratified by the UK, so you're subject to 99% of the Euro5/6/7 whatever rules anyway.

Ah yes, but what about the US or Asia you say.
Those are two markets far bigger than the UK by itself and have their own set of regulations manufacturers need to adhere to.
What's probably also a factor here is the UK's geographic proximity to Europe. It's probably easier to combine UK supply chains with the rest of Europe, rather than have US models be shipped there.

JDude

CB650R ABS
May 20, 2020
Ottawa
Riding Since
Welcome to the US and Canada relationship, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose with products. Like Canada for some unknown reason received one more colour option on the CB650R than the US. And Europe received four colour options.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
That's one of the brexit catch-22's.
You step out of the EU to get rid of EU product regulations, but still are indirectly subject to them because the EU still is a thing that, in its entirety, is more important than just the UK.
Manufacturers will have to build a EU compliant model regardless and won't bother developing a non-compliant version just for the British market. Also, don't forget that all EU laws up to Brexit have been ratified by the UK, so you're subject to 99% of the Euro5/6/7 whatever rules anyway.

Ah yes, but what about the US or Asia you say.
ve their own set of regulations manufacturers need to adhere to.
What's probably also a factor here is the UK's geographic proximity to Europe. It's probably easier to combine UK supply chains with the rest of Europe, rather than have US models be shipped there.
That sounds about right. Don't think getting rid of product regulations in particular was one of the main reasons for leaving the EU though, but I doubt whether the 'deal' we finished up with is what the so called Brexiteers really wanted. I am not sure what has been gained.

Top Bottom