Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CB650R Clutch Pin

BT67

CB650R
Thread starter #1
Hi all
Hope someone can help.....
Have just swapped over the clutch lever on my CB650R for the ASV CRC510.
Easy to fit and all appears to work correctly. However, the new lever does not engage with the little pin just below it? Is this a major issue? I'm not really sure of its function - assuming it's a cut-out switch for something?
Your help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Trev

stevelululu

CB650R ABS
Hi all
Hope someone can help.....
Have just swapped over the clutch lever on my CB650R for the ASV CRC510.
Easy to fit and all appears to work correctly. However, the new lever does not engage with the little pin just below it? Is this a major issue? I'm not really sure of its function - assuming it's a cut-out switch for something?
Your help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Trev
Picture or two would help with your cause

BT67

CB650R
Thread starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah had to add the little tab that came with the lever - similar to the brake lever as described in stevelululu's post.
Cheers
Trev 👍

Goblin

CB650R ABS
The little switch at the clutch lever is actually the throttle assist switch. As soon as you engage the clutch lever the throttle rpm is going up to assist you pulling away from a stand still

BT67

CB650R
Thread starter #6
The little switch at the clutch lever is actually the throttle assist switch. As soon as you engage the clutch lever the throttle rpm is going up to assist you pulling away from a stand still
Aaaah!
Thanks for the reply Goblin. Really neat feature, makes it almost impossible to stall! The new clutch lever has made such a big difference. Been really enjoying the bike. Been missing it just recently though - currently on holiday in Mauritius for a couple of weeks - living the dream.
Atb
Trev

Attachments

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
It has a few more functions than that as well. It also allows you (or doesn’t allow) to start the bike in gear and if you have a quickshifter it tells it whether to work or not to name a couple.

BT67

CB650R
Thread starter #8
It has a few more functions than that as well. It also allows you (or doesn’t allow) to start the bike in gear and if you have a quickshifter it tells it whether to work or not to name a couple.
Thanks miweber929
Good info. I actually ordered the quickshifter when I bought the bike back in May - still waiting for it unfortunately!

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
I didn't know about the increased revs on clutch release until reading this thread, funnily enough it was mentioned in a review article I read today in Bike magazine.