Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Canada Meet Up - Yonge & Wedgewood - August 18th. Discussion/Info here.

CBR650F clutch levers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob C

Amateur
Thread starter #1
hey, all - got my 650f this week and the stretch for that clutch lever is real. i believe i read that the lever is not adjustable so im curious if anyone has swapped it out for something else, what if so, and if its something a total amateur could accomplish safely or i should find a local shop. Thanks for your feedback!

Hey Rob C -- yeah, a lot of us have swapped out the clutch and brake levers for adjustable ones. I've got Pazzos, but many have found other makes from a variety of places. Search the site -- I'm sure there's a few threads about the topic.

Road Hog

CBR ABS
I also found it a bit of a stretch with the stock clutch and brake levers.I think the thing to remember is when you get
replace ment levers get the ones for the cb cbr 650 not universal ones, as they might not fit.

miweber929

CBR
Mod
Others have answered pretty well already so I’ll just echo this is a topic that’s been highly covered already so search this topic as there are all sorts of options in all different price points and any will work just fine. I use Vortex, Pazzo is a good brand, ASV are nice and the eBay ones work as well.

The only thing you need to know is the 650F uses a clutch lever that’s different than any other Honda lever so when you buy be sure they are not “universal fit” or for the older 600F models because they are different and will just about fit but won’t work correctly.

Also, search a bit on the different lengths of levers as a number of people like to run the shorter reach versions and while that works great on the brake side, it will change your leverage on the clutch side and can make the clutch feel heavier or have a weird friction zone. I personally like a short brake lever and standard length clutch.

I’m going to close this thread as lots of good info is already here on the forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.