• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs Check Engine Light on (2019 CB650R) DTC 6-7 error code

lancewong12

CB650R ABS
May 9, 2020
Riding Since
I'm using a 2019 Honda CB650R (with Akrapovic exhaust), after about 3000km mileage the check engine light is on. I've shorted the wires (brown with green/white) to check on the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code). It showed 6 long flashes and 7 short flashes. I do not have the Honda DTC manual book, means that I do not have any idea what 6-7 error code means. If anybody could help me out, kindly please let me know what the 6-7 error code means.

I have never tuned the bike after installing the Akrapovic full system exhaust, could this be the problem? Should I just reset the ECU, so it'll learn that it's using the Akrapovic exhaust? Or should it be tuned to fulfill the requirements of the exhaust? Could the 6-7 error code mean that the engine is running too hot, which needs to be tuned, so it would not damage the engine?

Please help.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I have never tuned the bike after installing the Akrapovic full system exhaust, could this be the problem? Should I just reset the ECU, so it'll learn that it's using the Akrapovic exhaust? Or should it be tuned to fulfill the requirements of the exhaust? Could the 6-7 error code mean that the engine is running too hot, which needs to be tuned, so it would not damage the engine?

Please help.
The bike will not need a tune if the exhaust has been properly installed.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
^ agreed, my USA model service manual lists no such code. Perhaps differences in OP's Asian market model?
Further research needed.

Top Bottom