• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's CERAMIC WHEEL BEARINGS any thoughts where could get it?

Par728

CBR650F ABS
Jan 27, 2022
Riding Since
Im just shopping around for ceramic wheel bearings cause i came across with a guy in kijiji.ca about powder coating the rims of the bike. It will be $175 for paint and bearing service. Mind as well right as the wheels are already off. Say anyone has come across of buying a ceramic wheel bearings for cbr650f will be appreciated. Let me know thanks!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Im just shopping around for ceramic wheel bearings cause i came across with a guy in kijiji.ca about powder coating the rims of the bike. It will be $175 for paint and bearing service. Mind as well right as the wheels are already off. Say anyone has come across of buying a ceramic wheel bearings for cbr650f will be appreciated. Let me know thanks!
You will never notice the pluses that come from ceramic bearings on this bike unless you only track it and are chasing 10th’s of a second lap times. If you want to spend money on something with zero return for it, feel free, but know it’s not an “upgrade” in the correct sense of the word.

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
Hello.

It’s useless to assemble ceramic bearings on a bike´s wheel. I came across that discussion many times in bicycles. It´s the same.
I’m (my) real world I only saw ceramic bearing being assembled in coil winding machine spindles, that make consecutive acceleration cycles, from 0 to 12.000rpm and down again, every 15 seconds, working 24h/day, 360 days a year - Industrial application.
Not in bike wheels where rotating speed and load is relatively low.
You could probably mathematically gain a reduced friction, but tyre is generating tones of friction more on the ground, when compared with bearings. There could be a gain, but is insignificant in real world, IN THIS application.

Top Bottom