• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs CBR650R Oil light warning?

rocket650R

CB650R
Jun 8, 2024
Riding Since
Hello everyone 🤗
Can anyone tell me what this is telling me? Is it a scheduled oil change notification or something worse?!
Hope there's someone out there who knows!
For reference the bike has only just done 300 miles from new.
1000019846.jpg

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Hello everyone 🤗
Can anyone tell me what this is telling me? Is it a scheduled oil change notification or something worse?!
Hope there's someone out there who knows!
For reference the bike has only just done 300 miles from new.
View attachment 15005
Don't take this the wrong way but what does it say in the owners manual? I don't know what the light means on the newest models.

Redrocket

CBR650R
Mar 17, 2023
Riding Since
As the engine is not running and the older type oil warning light is not lit I can only assume this is the new style oil warning light. It should come on when the ignition is turned on and go out when the engine is started. If it doesn't there is an issue with the oil supply. It should have done this from new. The owners manual explains it.

rocket650R

CB650R
Jun 8, 2024
Riding Since
Don't take this the wrong way but what does it say in the owners manual? I don't know what the light means on the newest models.
Hi, thanks for your reply, yeah I've just found it in the manual and it says, "When the oil pressure in the engine is low"
I've checked the oil level and looks perfect.
I'll take back to the garage tomorrow.

rocket650R

CB650R
Jun 8, 2024
Riding Since
Does it go out when the engine is running? Otherwise low oil pressure with 0rpm is quite normal.

J
Yeah, no warning lights at all when running, but when. You go to Maintenance in the menu just shows the oil icon.
Thanks for you reply 🙂

rocket650R

CB650R
Jun 8, 2024
Riding Since
As the engine is not running and the older type oil warning light is not lit I can only assume this is the new style oil warning light. It should come on when the ignition is turned on and go out when the engine is started. If it doesn't there is an issue with the oil supply. It should have done this from new. The owners manual explains it.
Hello, thanks for your help,
Yeah all disappears when the engine is started, maybe it's a oil change reminder, I noticed it around the 280 mile mark and looks like the oil change is due at 300miles from new.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Yeah, no warning lights at all when running, but when. You go to Maintenance in the menu just shows the oil icon.
Thanks for you reply 🙂
Wait, so it goes out when the engine is running? 100% normal behavior, then. There is no oil pressure when the engine isn’t running so it’s a valid light.

If it’s on when the engine is running, then you have an issue.

rocket650R

CB650R
Jun 8, 2024
Riding Since
Wait, so it goes out when the engine is running? 100% normal behavior, then. There is no oil pressure when the engine isn’t running so it’s a valid light.

If it’s on when the engine is running, then you have an issue.
Yeah all the red bits disappear as soon as it starts.
Just seen 2 videos on YouTube of these 2024 bikes and the same red band and oil symbol is showing on ignition on, so im now thinking it can't be anything bad. I will go to the dealer tomorrow and post the outcome on here for anyone that's interested! 😀
Thanks everyone for your help, really nice to be able to just post something and have you all share your knowledge.
Cheers guys!

Patryk93

CBR650R
Feb 20, 2024
Riding Since
The service warning is orange. Bottom of the screen shows an orange bar and the remaining miles for scheduled service 🙂

rocket650R

CB650R
Jun 8, 2024
Riding Since
The service warning is orange. Bottom of the screen shows an orange bar and the remaining miles for scheduled service 🙂
Thank you! It seems every video on YouTube has this show up on the ignition on too.

Redrocket

CBR650R
Mar 17, 2023
Riding Since
Let's hope an owner can turn it off after home servicing when out of warranty. Not possible on a Guzzi I had and the dealer wouldn't do it unless they serviced it. Cracked two years later but a real PITA. Progress?

Patryk93

CBR650R
Feb 20, 2024
Riding Since
Let's hope an owner can turn it off after home servicing when out of warranty. Not possible on a Guzzi I had and the dealer wouldn't do it unless they serviced it. Cracked two years later but a real PITA. Progress?
Yes, everything can be set in the menu, including how many miles the service will be, etc.

Top Bottom