• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Engine paint code

colb_1

CBR650R
Mar 15, 2022
Riding Since
Hello, I recently crossed path with a road covered in gravel resulting in some unwanted damages.. im going to try to fix it myself but i don’t know the paint code for the engine, if anyone knows it please share thank you so much!
(i would like to know the paint code for the more brown/bronze color and the darker grey center piece)
(i added a picture for reference)6FAC2C70-E6BB-453D-B713-13EE00D249D1.jpeg

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Hello, I recently crossed path with a road covered in gravel resulting in some unwanted damages.. im going to try to fix it myself but i don’t know the paint code for the engine, if anyone knows it please share thank you so much!
(i would like to know the paint code for the more brown/bronze color and the darker grey center piece)
(i added a picture for reference)View attachment 11840
Your choice but $65 for new covers would make me choose replacing rather than repair:

NorfantsPete

CB650F ABS
Apr 2, 2022
Riding Since
So without buying a haynes, its deain oil, screw off, new gasket, new case screw on.

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
Replacing the cover is a "simple" job, but can be frustrating. You'll be trying to line up the clutch release lever / spring while guiding a cover on that has gasket sealer on it. Again, simple but be prepared to do it 3-4 times before you get the alignment right and each time you'll be cleaning off gasket sealer which is a huge mess. However, all the frustration is well worth it at the low cost of the cover and at most 1hr of time vs. never looking right again being painted.

I would also recommend having a telescoping magnet on hand to retrieve the spring from the oil pan. Ask me how I know...

Top Bottom