• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs 2014-2023 CBR650R & CB650R Exhausts

tushar9960

CBR650R ABS
Oct 18, 2019
India
I've seen a video from a guy on facebook who has the SC Project Dual CRT with no DB-killer. It sounds amazing! I have no idea how he removed the DB-killer tho. It's a EURO-4 compliant exhaust system, I'd imagine that it would be hard to remove the db-killer. Just like the euro-4 compliant Akra.
Care to share the link to that video mate? Would be really interesting to check out.

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
Hey guys! Just got my SC Project CRT Twin in and will be posting pictures below.
Upon further inspection of the can, I noticed that there are no grubs or screws holding the baffle in.
20200324_170110.jpg
20200324_170011.jpg
20200324_170005.jpg

However along the outer perimeter of the baffle, there are small welded spots holding the baffle to the inside of the can. You can especially see it when looking at the inside of the bottom right part of the exhaust.

20200324_170101.jpg

My best bet to removing the baffles would be to remove the end cans from the mid pipe, remove the welded areas, then hit the baffles from behind getting them to fall out.

20200324_171210.jpg

If the picture quality is bad or if you want more just let me know! Hopefully I could help some of you out there.

Edit: Just got a reply from SC Project regarding the baffle removal, it appears to only be held in with the welding.

Last edited:

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
Hey guys! Just got my SC Project CRT Twin in and will be posting pictures below.
Upon further inspection of the can, I noticed that there are no grubs or screws holding the baffle in.
View attachment 5857
View attachment 5859
View attachment 5860

However along the outer perimeter of the baffle, there are small welded spots holding the baffle to the inside of the can. You can especially see it when looking at the inside of the bottom right part of the exhaust.

View attachment 5858

My best bet to removing the baffles would be to remove the end cans from the mid pipe, remove the welded areas, then hit the baffles from behind getting them to fall out.

View attachment 5856

If the picture quality is bad or if you want more just let me know! Hopefully I could help some of you out there.

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
View attachment 5857
View attachment 5859
View attachment 5860

View attachment 5858

View attachment 5856

It looks awesome
Thanks for the update on the dB killer
It should be easy to remove

when did you place the order for the exhaust?
I’m still waiting on mine 😭

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
hi guys,give us update about the twin SC Project after,what do you think about the sound etc,im watching that exhaust very closely,my top one so far,but only saw the video from the guy in Germany too,need more feedback :)

im new here btw :D

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
hi guys,give us update about the twin SC Project after,what do you think about the sound etc,im watching that exhaust very closely,my top one so far,but only saw the video from the guy in Germany too,need more feedback :)

im new here btw :D
Welcome to the forum

sure we will give an update about it
Hopefully we should post some more info within a week or so

tushar9960

CBR650R ABS
Oct 18, 2019
India
View attachment 5857
View attachment 5859
View attachment 5860

View attachment 5858

View attachment 5856

Edit: Just got a reply from SC Project regarding the baffle removal, it appears to only be held in with the welding.
Awesome stuff man, do post your thoughts when you have it installed. Also a proper fly by video.

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
Awesome stuff man, do post your thoughts when you have it installed. Also a proper fly by video.
Just finished the install and will be going on a test drive right now haha! The sound is absolutely amazing, with the baffles in. I do not see myself removing them in the foreseeable future.

Install was very straight forward...minus one bracket mount but that's probably due to my lack of experience. The one issue I ran into was that the aftermarket OEM Under Cowl touched the exhaust on the bottom right side, a simple fix was to use a couple of washers for a few mm clearance.

I can try to do a sound test however, I do not have the equipment necessary to do it any justice. It would be filmed on a S10 phone so I'm not sure it would help because it would muffle out the real growl of it.

I will not be posting any pictures of the install just yet, waiting on a few parts before I reveal my baby! Hoping for it to be one of a kind.

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
Just finished the install and will be going on a test drive right now haha! The sound is absolutely amazing, with the baffles in. I do not see myself removing them in the foreseeable future.

Install was very straight forward...minus one bracket mount but that's probably due to my lack of experience. The one issue I ran into was that the aftermarket OEM Under Cowl touched the exhaust on the bottom right side, a simple fix was to use a couple of washers for a few mm clearance.

I can try to do a sound test however, I do not have the equipment necessary to do it any justice. It would be filmed on a S10 phone so I'm not sure it would help because it would muffle out the real growl of it.

I will not be posting any pictures of the install just yet, waiting on a few parts before I reveal my baby! Hoping for it to be one of a kind.
sounds like the german guy video?or much better?,i think legally that is the best sound you can get tbh,very loud after you cant even ear the music,no bueno,i like both ahahah,was easy the install?thinking doing by myself too instead of wasting 60 euros to honda install it for me

AlexS

CBR650R ABS
Apr 3, 2019

Hopefully, you enjoyed your exhaust testing yesterday :) I am looking to get the same one for my CBR but would really like to hear the system in person before I do. Would you mind to share your experience with it? How was your middle torque? Do you feel any difference in performance (good or bad)?

Thanks.

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
sounds like the german guy video?or much better?,i think legally that is the best sound you can get tbh,very loud after you cant even ear the music,no bueno,i like both ahahah,was easy the install?thinking doing by myself too instead of wasting 60 euros to honda install it for me

The German guys video was an ok reference, but it really didn't capture the real growl and depth of the exhaust. You'll be able to hear music over the exhaust as it is not deafening loud however, removing the baffles would probably drown out the music. I installed the system myself and had no issues, this was my first attempt at any major modification on any bike. So far no problems and no leaks!

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
The German guys video was an ok reference, but it really didn't capture the real growl and depth of the exhaust. You'll be able to hear music over the exhaust as it is not deafening loud however, removing the baffles would probably drown out the music. I installed the system myself and had no issues, this was my first attempt at any major modification on any bike. So far no problems and no leaks!
music to my ears ahahah, cant w8 for one day to ear it by myself and feel the real growl and depth,thanks for the feedback

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
Hopefully, you enjoyed your exhaust testing yesterday :) I am looking to get the same one for my CBR but would really like to hear the system in person before I do. Would you mind to share your experience with it? How was your middle torque? Do you feel any difference in performance (good or bad)?

Thanks.

My experience was great! I currently do not have a tune for my bike so I cannot speak to the overall performance gain yet, but the bike is working perfectly. It may just be the placebo effect but the bike seems to react a bit sharper down in the lower revs. Before you could be a little lazy with the throttle control, but now the bike seems to read every input without delay. I definitely noticed a small performance increase in both the lower and mid-range but again, without a tune/dyno I can't be sure. The bike definitely rode differently stock and I will try to post updates once I get it on the dyno and get a tune done. With the exhaust, the bike feels and sounds a lot more aggressive. All in all would definitely recommend!

mako

CB650R ABS
Dec 19, 2019
FL
Nice info and pics of the SC twin. I may have to look into how long procurement would be now for that pipe after my recent Akrapovic circus act. The construction on that SC looks top notch. Especially liking them welds. It was hard to tell much with the sound on the flyby video. I do like the sounds from stationary though, especially with the baffle removed.

For those doing an Akro upgrade, be sure to check your provided sleeves before you tear down your bike. Otherwise you may run into this:

Akro21mmsleeve1.jpg

And nobody deserves that fun after being torn down.

darby_07

CB650R ABS
Jun 12, 2019
For those doing an Akro upgrade, be sure to check your provided sleeves before you tear down your bike. Otherwise you may run into this:

View attachment 5890

And nobody deserves that fun after being torn down.
Do you know what caused this? Hard to tell from the pic, but are you saying the sleeve was just too short?

Top Bottom