CBR650R 2019

TLN

CBR650R ABS
Aug 29, 2019
Well, considering your height an ADV bike will definitely "fit" you!
I'm kinda trying to stay away from adventure bikes. Doesn't appeal to me, and I'd like to pass it later as well.
I'd prefer to get something minimalistic.

I wouldn’t overthink a 4cyl vs. a twin, they both will go far too fast far too easily if you’re not careful.

Thing is, the 650 is docile until you rev it past say 7k, it’s about what you think is comfortable and what you like.

I’d personally suggest a 400 or so, especially if you plan to pass it down.

Yeah, I figured out that 400-500 would be a good starting point. I can learn faster and pass it to my wife.
Now considering KTM390 and Husquarna Vitpilen401. Basically same bike, husquarna got a newer design.

TLN

CBR650R ABS
Aug 29, 2019
And a different price tag :p
Not really.

Vitpillens are discounted like crazy now, and price suddenly seems reasonable.
401 is available for $4.5k and Vitpilen 701 can be had under $9k. That's from $6.3k and $11k if my memory serves me well.
And it makes sense, cause for $6.5-7k I'm looking at 650cc bikes (SV650, MT-07/XSR700, Z-650, CB650F/R and etc).

Not sure if I want 400cc or 650.. :rolleyes:

BT67

CB650R
Apr 24, 2019
Hi TLN
I started again on a Duke 390 after many years of not owning a bike. Was a great little machine, but soon found myself wanting more power so traded up to my CB650R after a year or so. It was great for keeping up with traffic but was a bit lacking when wanting to overtake at times (quick from a standstill though)! Also had some issues with the bike randomly cutting out on occasions - a common problem, so soon lost confidence in it!
No issues with the Honda so far 👍.
Good luck with your choice.
Atb
Trev

sdmichael

CBR650F ABS
Feb 10, 2019
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
I finally had the opportunity to see a 2019 CBR650R while I was in Arizona a week ago. To be honest, not impressed. The styling seemed odd, instrument cluster/gauges looked small and undersized for the dash, windscreen seemed lower, and tank was oddly shaped. Seeing it made me glad I got my 2018 when I did, because if that was the choice, I would have passed.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
I finally had the opportunity to see a 2019 CBR650R while I was in Arizona a week ago. To be honest, not impressed. The styling seemed odd, instrument cluster/gauges looked small and undersized for the dash, windscreen seemed lower, and tank was oddly shaped. Seeing it made me glad I got my 2018 when I did, because if that was the choice, I would have passed.
How dare you talk negatively about these bikes!!!🤪
Nah, just kidding 😅 I actually kind of agree with you. I do like the styling of the CBR650R, but when I saw it in real life, I couldn't help but feel there was too much superfluous plastic in the bodywork.

Top Bottom