Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650R 2019

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
I find out that cbr650r has a new engine.
Cbr650r has RH01E engine.
Old cbr650f has RC74E
the 17 and 18's are RC97, I think.
Honda have used RC designations for years now....did they reach RC99 with some model ? ....could be the CBr is the first of an entirely new designation RH01 ??

miweber929

CBR650F
Mod
650F Alumnus
44teeth, my favorite motorcycle channel on YouTube just posted a lengthy review of both 650R's
Love those guys, just discovered them and have been watching ton of videos over the past few weeks, good stuff!!!

So their guy liked the CBR over the CB, and said the negatives were the tires are iffy at times, the brakes lack bite and if you really push it, the suspension can feel overworked. The other thing he said was something like you’ll never get off it, screaming and jumping around about how awesome the bike is, but it simply does what you tell it to do and it makes you want to keep riding it, it’s just a great, do anything bike.

Basically the exact same things you could say about the F models since it’s introduction which is what we all projected.

It’ll be a cool bike and certainly looks the part. I was surprised at the end they stated it had no competition that it was a class itself because I thought they’d bring up the Ducati Supersport at some point which they also reviewed and is a good watch. They really aren’t comparable but they get lumped together a lot by people that haven’t ridden both so I’m glad they stayed away from that.

Good video, worth the watch, their tester was hilarious.

matt650

CBR650F ABS
I really do think the CBR (and to a certain extent the CB) are in a class of their own mainly due to the 4 cylinder engine. I wanted a four cylinder bike with a fairing that i would be able to get insured on as a new rider. The CBR650F was the ONLY bike i could go for - Ducati included (twin).

The point around the Ducati Supersport is also the fact that it is more than 50% more expensive in the UK. That's a lot considering the main drawback of the CBR is apparently it is too expensive!!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
You can either chuck the 650's in with bikes like the mt07 or ninja 650 but those are parallel twins delivering significantly less hp or you can look at bikes like the mt09 or z900 and conclude Honda's 650s are too expensive. That puts the 650s in an odd position, especially the CBR because there's no sports bike alternative in the mt09/z900 class.

The Earle

CB650R ABS
I really do think the CBR (and to a certain extent the CB) are in a class of their own mainly due to the 4 cylinder engine. I wanted a four cylinder bike with a fairing that i would be able to get insured on as a new rider. The CBR650F was the ONLY bike i could go for - Ducati included (twin).

The point around the Ducati Supersport is also the fact that it is more than 50% more expensive in the UK. That's a lot considering the main drawback of the CBR is apparently it is too expensive!!

Agreed, I’ve owned and ridden a few bikes in the class, the twins are great engines with grunt but I feel they lack the refinement and smoothness. Of the IL4.
I didn’t want or care for riding modes or 1000cc and had been looking for a while for a naked bike that fitted the bill, almost went for the Z900RS but it was going to be my bike and £9500 where as the CB650R was my bike and £5000, it light, loads of power and comfy to ride and smooth.

I think there really are in a class of their own.