• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Cbr650f levers fit Cbr650r?!

Cookie

CBR650R ABS
Jun 17, 2018
Sweden
Simpel question, does the aftermarket levers to a cbr650f 2018 fit a cbr650r?

Cant find any info on this, and the aftermarket levers for Cbr650r isnt that great :/

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
When I checked out the R at the cycle show this winter it looked like the clutch lever and brake master cylinder were the exact same as the F which was one of the things I was disappointed in.

So yeah, I’d think they should be the same.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
As always when purchasing a new motorcycle I spend the next few days scouring the internet for EVERYTHING I can find for parts and accessories.

From what I'm seeing almost everything fits the R's and the F's the same way. I will say that aftermarket anything can be hit-or-miss. Especially if it says "universal"! Also, when it comes to aftermarket levers I'm betting many will "fit" but they don't always perform exactly like the stock.

When I had my old 2007 EX500 Ninja I bought some aftermarket levers. They fit no problem. But what I had to do was adjust the levers to the 2nd highest setting just to get the brake light release pin to clear enough. I still used them but if I wanted to adjust them I was limited to the setting I had or one more - out of 5 different possibilities.

Cookie

CBR650R ABS
Jun 17, 2018
Sweden
When I checked out the R at the cycle show this winter it looked like the clutch lever and brake master cylinder were the exact same as the F which was one of the things I was disappointed in.

So yeah, I’d think they should be the same.

Why dissapionted? What is it you dont like about them?

Cookie

CBR650R ABS
Jun 17, 2018
Sweden
As always when purchasing a new motorcycle I spend the next few days scouring the internet for EVERYTHING I can find for parts and accessories.

From what I'm seeing almost everything fits the R's and the F's the same way. I will say that aftermarket anything can be hit-or-miss. Especially if it says "universal"! Also, when it comes to aftermarket levers I'm betting many will "fit" but they don't always perform exactly like the stock.

When I had my old 2007 EX500 Ninja I bought some aftermarket levers. They fit no problem. But what I had to do was adjust the levers to the 2nd highest setting just to get the brake light release pin to clear enough. I still used them but if I wanted to adjust them I was limited to the setting I had or one more - out of 5 different possibilities.

Yeah, i know that to by experiance.
How ever, there is good quality aftermarket levers. A have had a few good ones from china. Cheap and good.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Why dissapionted? What is it you dont like about them?
The CBR uses the same levers and perches as the CB so they just use cheap plugs to block off where the mirrors would mount on the naked version. I get saving parts costs but it looked tacky and cheap to me, especially on the clutch lever, so I bought another perch and cut off the mount on my CBR when I had it. Looked MUCH better.

The integrated brake reservoir and axial lever functions fine, but come on, Honda, you replace the front forks with inverted units, replace the brakes with beefy radial mount 4 piston mono blocks and you can’t source the radial master cylinder with the remote reservoir, the one thing that REALLY affects brake feel and performance, off the 600RR? It’s like spending thousands on building a race car engine up and putting a single outlet, cheap OEM muffler back on it. You did all this work and choked it up at then end.

That’s why I was disappointed.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Just had a report on the Facebook group that while 650f levers will fit the pivot point, they may contact the new fairing on the cbr650r.

Best to ask the supplier so you are covered for a return. You may also bet lucky depending on the lever design.

J

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Additional information : this looks to be an issue where the lever pivot point protrudes.

ASV levers are an issue, V-trec one's don't look like they'll be a problem.

Caveat emptor at the moment though.

J

Cookie

CBR650R ABS
Jun 17, 2018
Sweden
The CBR uses the same levers and perches as the CB so they just use cheap plugs to block off where the mirrors would mount on the naked version. I get saving parts costs but it looked tacky and cheap to me, especially on the clutch lever, so I bought another perch and cut off the mount on my CBR when I had it. Looked MUCH better.

The integrated brake reservoir and axial lever functions fine, but come on, Honda, you replace the front forks with inverted units, replace the brakes with beefy radial mount 4 piston mono blocks and you can’t source the radial master cylinder with the remote reservoir, the one thing that REALLY affects brake feel and performance, off the 600RR? It’s like spending thousands on building a race car engine up and putting a single outlet, cheap OEM muffler back on it. You did all this work and choked it up at then end.

That’s why I was disappointed.

Do you possibly have any photos of that?

Cookie

CBR650R ABS
Jun 17, 2018
Sweden
Just had a report on the Facebook group that while 650f levers will fit the pivot point, they may contact the new fairing on the cbr650r.

Best to ask the supplier so you are covered for a return. You may also bet lucky depending on the lever design.

J

Thanks for that. Do you mind to put a link to that Facebook group?

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Do you possibly have any photos of that?
Look above the switchgear on both side, you’ll see a round plastic plug where the mirror would mount on the CB. The F was th same way.

Attachments

• 363ADE7E-75D9-4E28-8E99-B7AF5B3933E9.jpeg
    363ADE7E-75D9-4E28-8E99-B7AF5B3933E9.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom