• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Cbr650f bar risers

Grumpee

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2018
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking to buy a CBR 650 f when finances allow. Have ridden a few of the bikes competing in this sector and found the CBR ticked more boxes for me - the only draw back being the bar position. I have owned a couple of VFR800's in the past with similar problems - old age demands a more upright bar just now. I have looked on the forum (bar risers) and nobody, from what I have read, has convinced me they have solved the issue.

Have come across the ABM clip on system which they have developed for the CBR. They sell a kit which includes the bar riser (20mm or 40mm), clip ons, extended brake line, extended clutch and horn cables - for the princely sum of £320.00 in the UK.

Anybody using these? Feedback most gratefully received.

Gyula

CB650F ABS
Jun 17, 2018
Hungary
Hi!

I'm not using such risers so I can't help you with that, but maybe you should check the following site: http://cycle-ergo.com/
It can help you find the right riser setup (vehicle customization sheet) or the right bike (maybe the CB would be a better choice for you).

Grumpee

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for that and the link. I have a naked bike at present (Kawasaki Er6n) which is fine on A roads in UK but need to travel on Motorways to get to decent bike roads so need a faired bike.

Grumpee

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2018
I normally ride between 60 -80 depending upon conditions - it gets a bit breezy above that.

Grumpee

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2018
I have a Givi screen which has made a great difference - but it still gets breezy. That is one of the reasons I am looking at the CBR - you don't necessarily have to have big BHP to get a move on. I had a BMW K1 back in the day and that could reach 150 mph on 90 odd BHP.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I have a Givi screen which has made a great difference - but it still gets breezy. That is one of the reasons I am looking at the CBR - you don't necessarily have to have big BHP to get a move on. I had a BMW K1 back in the day and that could reach 150 mph on 90 odd BHP.
I have the cb with Honda small fly screen and wind isn't really a problem for me.

Top Bottom