Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650F Cbr650f bar risers

Grumpee

CBR ABS
Thread starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking to buy a CBR 650 f when finances allow. Have ridden a few of the bikes competing in this sector and found the CBR ticked more boxes for me - the only draw back being the bar position. I have owned a couple of VFR800's in the past with similar problems - old age demands a more upright bar just now. I have looked on the forum (bar risers) and nobody, from what I have read, has convinced me they have solved the issue.

Have come across the ABM clip on system which they have developed for the CBR. They sell a kit which includes the bar riser (20mm or 40mm), clip ons, extended brake line, extended clutch and horn cables - for the princely sum of £320.00 in the UK.

Anybody using these? Feedback most gratefully received.

Gyula

CB ABS
Hi!

I'm not using such risers so I can't help you with that, but maybe you should check the following site:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It can help you find the right riser setup (vehicle customization sheet) or the right bike (maybe the CB would be a better choice for you).

Grumpee

CBR ABS
Thread starter #4
Thanks for that and the link. I have a naked bike at present (Kawasaki Er6n) which is fine on A roads in UK but need to travel on Motorways to get to decent bike roads so need a faired bike.

Grumpee

CBR ABS
Thread starter #10
I have a Givi screen which has made a great difference - but it still gets breezy. That is one of the reasons I am looking at the CBR - you don't necessarily have to have big BHP to get a move on. I had a BMW K1 back in the day and that could reach 150 mph on 90 odd BHP.

ADIOS600

CB ABS
I have a Givi screen which has made a great difference - but it still gets breezy. That is one of the reasons I am looking at the CBR - you don't necessarily have to have big BHP to get a move on. I had a BMW K1 back in the day and that could reach 150 mph on 90 odd BHP.
I have the cb with Honda small fly screen and wind isn't really a problem for me.