• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R CB650r underslung two brothers exhaust

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
Seen a few videos on YouTube of two brothers exhausts fitted, mainly foreign, is this a mod using the original down pipes and simply welding or slipping on a rear can, can’t find this system anywhere on the net and I think it looks awesome, I don’t really like the look of the Akro or black widow exhausts available for this bike.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I have the TBR on the 650f.

It's a full system, so you get new headers. Given the similar nature of the 650f and 650r I would imagine the 650f system would fit the R.

Unless the oem exhaust bracket on the R is wildly different, it'll be an easy fit.

Look on ebay, you'll find TBR systems.

J

JB's CB650R

CB650R
Jul 15, 2019
after weeks of searching i am still unable to find any 2nd hand TBR systems for my bike, i did however see the Black Widow full system in the flesh and was very impressed with the quality and also the sound so am thinking of biting the bullet and ordering for early Xmas present.

Ive seen lots of foreign videos on YouTube where people have cut of there stock headers at the point where they go into the back box and have had welded on a connctor pipe and simply fitted a slip on and bolted up, and these looks and sound very good, has anyone had this done.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Ive seen lots of foreign videos on YouTube where people have cut of there stock headers at the point where they go into the back box and have had welded on a connctor pipe and simply fitted a slip on and bolted up, and these looks and sound very good, has anyone had this done.
Has been discussed here before but the general consensus among most of us has been that it's a risky ordeal. You're probably throwing away any sort of warranty you have on the bike, it's a one-way process (no going back to stock after doing this) and quality of a slip on is always a thing you cannot be too sure about beforehand, unless you buy a premium brand, which due to cost probably defeats the purpose somewhat. On top of that, I think most slip-ons are the big bulky end mufflers that get in front of the swing arm which kind of ruins the look of the bike (IMO).

I have a Black Widow full system on my CBR650F and am happy with it so far. It's nice quality, sounds good and looks good too (I have the low mounted 200mm oval one, which is also available for the 650R). Best part, it's less than half the price of a full Akrapovic system.

Top Bottom