• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R CB650R for tall rider?

Pelusaur

CB650R
Nov 19, 2019
Hi all!

I am quite in love with the new CB650R, really into buying it in the near future.

The problem is that I am tall (193cm), and I was wondering if the CB650R is too small for me... I rode it a few days ago for 1 hour and it felt good, but not sure if in the long run ( I would use it daily when the weather is good to go to work -30 min travel) I would be unconfortable.

Additionally I not sure if I look ridiculous from the outside, and to be honest part of the deal is too look cool on it.

Are there any tall owner of the CB650R or similar size, willing to share his experience?

Best!

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
I'll add my opinion, though it's for the 650F.
I am a bit shorter than you (about 185cm / 6ft 1in) on a 2014 CBR650F.

I believe both bikes have the same wheelbase & seat height. Bar position will be different.

Comfort is no problem. I've ridden for hours, across hundreds of miles, and have no discomfort (on stock seat no less).

Looks wise seems to change. I'll add 2 photos of myself.

Where I think I look like a hulk on it:
Jake.jpg
Where I can't really tell:
1.jpg

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
I’m about 1.73cm (5.7ft) and for me the CB650R is a perfect fit. The CB650R is not a big bike (short wheel base and seat height 810mm). Comfort wise, you know how the bike rides because you have been in the saddle for one hour. If you look cool on it “yeah” that’s debatable, Honda is also selling a grom and the new monkey! I know my size on the CB650R is proportional. Maybe you can test drive the CB650R again an stop in front of a shopping window to see for yourself if you look “cool” on it. Any way good luck with whatever you choose 👍

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
I had the same concerns as you before deciding to purchase my CB650R. I am 6.3", maybe 6'4 depending on my shoes and weigh just over 200 pounds. I am in shape so most of my weight is muscle (just trying to give a accurate description of myself not trying to brag or anything!) The CB650R feels perfect to me. Coming from a Ducati 769, the CB feels like it was made for me. I always felt cramped on the Ducati and it made me feel like a monkey riding a bicycle however all of these feelings disappeared as soon as I rode the CB. I have since sold my Ducati, however my brother still has one and the CB is noticeably taller, wider, and in general looks beefier. I have taken the bike out for 4 hour rides with no issues on cramping or wrist pain. However the seat is hard as a rock. I would definitely recommend replacing it.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Where I think I look like a hulk on it:
jake-jpg.4844
I think the backpack isn't exactly helping here in this pic.

russ_fae_fyvie

CB650R ABS
Jun 9, 2019
I'm 6ft1in and it fits fine for me even with the missus on the back, gonna do a quick review soon as now done 880 miles from new so starting to get a real feel for it.

ufik82

CB650R ABS
Apr 13, 2020
Riding Since
once you pick up your honda, please share the picture how you look. I am 6.4 feet long and I am waiting for my CB650r to arrive. I am also interested in this subject.

luizromao

CB650R ABS
Jun 23, 2021
once you pick up your honda, please share the picture how you look. I am 6.4 feet long and I am waiting for my CB650r to arrive. I am also interested in this subject.
Have you got your bike?
I am even taller, 6'7 (201cm) and I am having questions about how comfortable it is.

Sorry for bringing up an old post.

Cheers!

trippy

CB650R ABS
May 2, 2021
Riding Since
Have you got your bike?
I am even taller, 6'7 (201cm) and I am having questions about how comfortable it is.

Sorry for bringing up an old post.

Cheers!
It depends where and for how long you plan to ride.

Overall it will not be comfortable. For a not picky rider it could work up to 6'4.
I am only 6'1 (186cm) and I put a custom seat (4 cm higher and wider) on my cb650r.
A higher handlebar is more difficult to fit on this bike (oem inner bar weights will not fit aftermarket bars) and cables are short (not allowing more than 3 cm).

On the other hand, I did ride a friends Honda Grom.
Was it a pain? Not for 20-30 minutes.
Would I take it for a longer rider? No.
Was it fun? Lots.

If I were you I would look into an ADV bike or a dual sport.

honda_cb_650f

CB650F
Jan 16, 2021
Riding Since
I am 6 ft 4 inches and am comfortable on my cb650f for 2.5 hrs then i feel the stock seat, the bum and legs start feel uncomfortable, 3 hrs I'm ready to get off and take a break!

Top Bottom