• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Accessories Cb650f rack

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
I have the GIVI V35 hardcase on my CBR650F, seems to work fine.

The only issue, after the first rain, the lock for the key feel kind of crunchy when I lock and unlock.
I sprayed WD-40 in the area to make it smoother.

I also have a givi top case.

The side cases came with an extra key and lock, so I could share the same keys with both.

I don't Like riding with my top case on, bike feels top heavy.

v35n-monokey-side-cases-matte-black-smoke.jpg

norcorider

CB650F ABS
Jul 26, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I have the GIVI V35 hardcase on my CBR650F, seems to work fine.

The only issue, after the first rain, the lock for the key feel kind of crunchy when I lock and unlock.
I sprayed WD-40 in the area to make it smoother.

I also have a givi top case.

The side cases came with an extra key and lock, so I could share the same keys with both.

I don't Like riding with my top case on, bike feels top heavy.

Hi bishop,

if I have to get either top case or side cases, which option would you suggest to go with? I dont think I need both, just need something to store my gear and helmet when I am parked.
My view is side cases increase the width of bike, which is in some ways useful in downtown parking as it prevents others from parking too close. And you mentioned top case makes it top heavy.
I am not sure which way to go, any pointers?

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Hi bishop,

if I have to get either top case or side cases, which option would you suggest to go with? I dont think I need both, just need something to store my gear and helmet when I am parked.
My view is side cases increase the width of bike, which is in some ways useful in downtown parking as it prevents others from parking too close. And you mentioned top case makes it top heavy.
I am not sure which way to go, any pointers?

Here are my thoughts.

My GIVI V35 does NOT fit my large size helmet, I bought a helmet lock which I bolted to the frame, I'm too lazy to keep taking the seat off to lock my helmet.
Medium or smaller Helmet would be fine.

The Top case I hate, but I have a big one that the previous owner bought, see my picture.
My Top case, doesn't have the Metal top thing on it. Bike feels weird with it on. I tried playing with the rear and front suspension, no matter what I do, it feels better if I don't have it installed.

Perhaps a smaller top case might be ok, but I think it looks stupid.
e120b_500x500.jpg

Top Bottom