• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F low speed/rpm strange grinding noise

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Would like to hear that sound. When you're back in the homeland could you make a recording for us?
Some experts here might have a clue for you.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I have searched the forums.. and all I found was either people are having the same noise,but with no bad side effects...or it's the pair valves ....
:( FML
next year I'm buying a Kawasaki

Post a recording of the noise. If it *is* the PAIR, then nothing to worry about and enjoy the bike.

The Kwak 650 is a lame ER6 twin...the 650f is a much better engine.

J

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
I won't rest till they remove the damn sound...

And was thinking about Z1000...Love naked bikes :)
If It was me I'd get the pairs done first and see if it cures, some peoples ticking noises might be anothers grinding ? Especially if dealers have had a listen....they know the pair noise.

tolga_107

CB650F ABS
Apr 19, 2018
Hi guys and gals

Have a bit of a problem.
Recently I bought a Honda CB650F ...brand new...and I could not help to notice that it makes a strange grinidng noise ( like a plastic fan grinding on your pc ) on low rpms..talking about 1100 - 2000 rpm...
When the bike is idle,its gone...when I pass the 2000 rpm range,also gone...it does not apper in any other situations...only when the bike is in gear and in low rpms...
When im driving,and pull the clutch,its also gone,puff.dissappears...its really strange...
After the first 1000 km,I did my first inspection and oil change at the Honda shop in my region,and mentioned it to the mechanics there ...they said it was all okay...

The bike now has around 1600 km ,and its still there...
Any thoughts ?

I have same problem,mine is 2018 model and just on 250km,did you fix this problem?

Kreso1993

CB650F ABS
Mar 17, 2018
Little update - sound is still there...but,when you stand up and lean a little bit forward,you can hear a loud buzzing sound...really loud...but only when you pull the throttle...in idle its not there...
Went to the dealer,explained - there was a problem with the brakes...the front brake to be precise...and the noise from before ,the tehnician said,is cause of the stock exhaust....So I bought an Akrapovic,sound is gone...it now sounds like a baby :)

SuperSammo23

CB650F ABS
May 17, 2018
Nottingham
I also suffer from this noise but I was putting it down to some sort of pump i.e water or oil. It does seem to be a odd noise though for a new bike.

SuperSammo23

CB650F ABS
May 17, 2018
Nottingham
Little update - sound is still there...but,when you stand up and lean a little bit forward,you can hear a loud buzzing sound...really loud...but only when you pull the throttle...in idle its not there...
Went to the dealer,explained - there was a problem with the brakes...the front brake to be precise...and the noise from before ,the tehnician said,is cause of the stock exhaust....So I bought an Akrapovic,sound is gone...it now sounds like a baby :)
So we've all got to spend a grand on an Akrapovic to delete this irritating noise. Great thanks Honda.

ewganhoff

CB650F ABS
May 19, 2018
Aberdeen, Scotland
Same noise here. I don't have the bike yet but I've had the bike, a blue 2017 new model cb650f, out the last 2 days in a row for test rides from Eccosse Honda here in Aberdeen. The noise is the same as others have described - a strange mechanical sound at low speed that just cuts off once you give a bit of throttle. if its normal then I'm not concerned. I think I'm going to buy it today!

leogrolla

CB650F ABS
Oct 13, 2019
Hi all, I just bought a 2018 cb650f with 2000mi, but I'm hearing this noise like a fun motor running at idle or low revs. When you say it's the PAIR system, is it something we need to get fixed/replaced or is it pretty standard to the bike?

If it stops cleanly as soon as throttle is applied at low revs only, its sure to be the PAIR system.

J

Top Bottom