• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's CB650F exhaust on CB650R

kaptenbjorn

CB650R ABS
Oct 31, 2020
Riding Since
Hey,

Short story, I got a really good deal on a leftover IX7 full exhaust system from a 2015 CB650F and was wondering if it would fit my new 2020 CB650R?

Some say it will, some say it won't.. I've googled for hours without any luck. I contacted my local Honda dealer, but they could not tell me if theres any mounting differences between the models.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance!

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
Hey,

Short story, I got a really good deal on a leftover IX7 full exhaust system from a 2015 CB650F and was wondering if it would fit my new 2020 CB650R?

Some say it will, some say it won't.. I've googled for hours without any luck. I contacted my local Honda dealer, but they could not tell me if theres any mounting differences between the models.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance!
some pics and link to the actual product might be a good start to seek help

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
Heres a link: https://www.cb650shop.com/en/exhausts/102-z7-ixrace-full-exhaust-system.html

Says all models before 2017, but if there's no mounting differences on the models I can not see why?
hard to say without the installation instructions

But cross checking on Akra website, S-H6R11-AFT, fits bot F ('14 to '18) and R model.

However, the "only" mounting point that would be different is the passenger foot peg.
Usually longer exhaust like the one you're looking for, mounts both under the belly and passenger foot peg.
The Akra does mount under the belly as only mounting point.

I've see people installing Sc Project Dual CRT for the F on the R model, the F model has the passenger foot peg mounting and under the belly, while the R model has a bracket that goes behind the rear brake foot peg and under the belly. They probably just made a different bracket for the passenger peg.

Obviously this is your call if want to take the risk.

Top Bottom