• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Cartlidge adjustable front suspenion.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Is there any full adjustable front suspension internals, I can use from another bike what's a straight swap ? This would be so usefull.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Yeah I've seen them but they are to expensive so I'm trying find out iff you can install the internals from a different bike

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
There’s a guy on eBay doing that. You send the forks and he modifies them to use internals from other bikes. I think his ad said he uses ‘01 to ‘05 gaxr600 parts.

I don’t have a way to store my bike without forks so I never considered it.

I’d be willing to pay for the Ohlins cartridge fork but they only list a kit for the cb650f for 2014. I’m not loving the idea of buying the cb650f kit and hoping it will work on my 2014 Cbr650f fork.

I know I am not happy with the stock fork. It feels like the front wheel has a mind of its own whenever I really need it to lock onto a line in a turn.

Most people recommend doing the Ohlins springs and they say that will be good enough.

I wish there were a more certain path to making the fork work like the Ohlins rear shock that I installed last month.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Yes pall that sounds ideal iff I can get my forks adjusted for GSXR internals or something. For me I accturaly like my front end as it has the SDBV. It would just be nice to have it fully adjustable.
It's mainly just beacuce I like tweaking.
Such as I'm sure the preload adjusters are great! But for me I want to be able have all of the different settings like we could 20 years ago on the 600f.

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
Drewster, you should get the Ohlins cartridges.

I have a 2014 Cbr650f so I have to settle for the Andeani cartridges.

My last post was written at the moment I realized that I’m going to install the Adreani kit. I was trying to say “I see that owners of 2017/2018 cbr650fs should get the Ohlins cartridges. I have a 2014 so it is Adreani for me”.

It seems like you’re interested in modding the fork with parts from other bikes. If that is true, the why?

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
I am thinking the adreani cartridges will be the right move

What a coincidence, I'll let you know how that goes. I've just had some delivered along with an Ohlins shock, a unique one too I recently stumbled across on eBay. It's for a CBR650F used in the EJC series and the seller had several new unused units, as well as the shock he had Andreani cartridge kits, CBR racing inst. cluster mounts, dozens of spare wheels, tens of thousands of spare bolts, full fairing kits and loads of other stuff. I had it all delivered on Saturday for a brilliant price, little over £690. There is no shock commercially available for our bikes with this many adjustable features on it, as such its descriptor is S46HR1C1LS as opposed to S46DR1, which means it has adjustable rebound, length and hydraulic preload adjuster as well as adjustable compression. For that level of adjustability you're talking £1,000+ with Ohlins units.

The silver stanchion of the forks need to be modified though to accept the cartridge kit, as per Andreanis installation manual (See attached, picture 8). The reduction bush at the bottom of the fork is press fit and needs to be machined off. If you're thinking of doing this in the U.K., http://www.100pcsuspension.co.uk/ fit the Andreani kits to the EJC bikes and are who I will be posting mine to for correct installation.

If anyone is interested in buying the shock, cartridge kit or anything else from Matt (seller) then I'll be setting up a for sale thread soon on his behalf which I'll link to here.
20190102_153131.jpg20190102_153311.jpg20190102_153220.jpg

Attachments

• 105h15tipo2tradizionaleing.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
Wish I was in the UK. I doubt my local Honda dealer will be willing to install the Adreani kit in my bike.

It seems like you got a great deal on all those parts!

I hope you like the Ohlins shock and that the Adreani cartridges work well. Looking forward to a review!

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
What a coincidence, I'll let you know how that goes. I've just had some delivered along with an Ohlins shock, a unique one too I recently stumbled across on eBay. It's for a CBR650F used in the EJC series and the seller had several new unused units, as well as the shock he had Andreani cartridge kits, CBR racing inst. cluster mounts, dozens of spare wheels, tens of
View attachment 2608View attachment 2609View attachment 2610
Thanks allot for the good feedback. I got adviced about the sanction being different when I asked about fitting f3 fork internals. So iff you accturaly need to modify them anyways for the expensive kit,I feel like it is qwite possible for the f3 kit and you could save less than half the money. I mean it's not going be as good but the F3 still had cartlidge fully adjustable internals.

User2

CBR650F
Oct 23, 2018
I see your point that if you have to modify the stantions the Adreani cartridge kit is still a custom job.

Touché!

I am also wondering what fork parts from other bikes might be possible. The cbr600f4i had nice cartridge forks and it also employed clip ons above the triple trees.

I looked into it a bit and the brake caliper mounts are not the same. So that’s more modifications.

At the same time, the cartridge kits come from manufacturers that have experience installing them. Those same manufacturers have legal accountabilities in the event of product failure.

A preliminary hazard analysis of motorcycle forks has a lot of potentially fatal risks on the list!

Forks seize during operation
Forks do not remain assembled
Forks do not remain attached
Forks slip in triple trees

Forks that have an obsolete damper design assembled by a factory to specification are much safer than forks cobbled together by some dude on eBay.

Now I need to find a local Adreani authorized installer.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Any decent suspension shop, think shop that the local racers use, can install the cartridges. Ask around, I know there are several here in Minneapolis so they are around.

Talk to your local track day organizers or your local club racing guys, they’ll help.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
I have a very good feeling F3 internals are the perfect way to go! They are 41mm forks . My guess is it's a straight fit once the sanction has been cut like on the adreani .

Ricardo Morais

CB650F
Jun 12, 2019
Is there any full adjustable front suspension internals, I can use from another bike what's a straight swap ? This would be so usefull.
Hi there, im new to the forum, i bought a cb650f 2015 and wile looking to upgrade my front suspension i came across this web site called Brooks suspension , the have kits for cbr650f, cb650 f. like fork internals, springs, steering dampers, and at very good prices

Ricardo Morais

CB650F
Jun 12, 2019
What a coincidence, I'll let you know how that goes. I've just had some delivered along with an Ohlins shock, a unique one too I recently stumbled across on eBay. It's for a CBR650F used in the EJC series and the seller had several new unused units, as well as the shock he had Andreani cartridge kits, CBR racing inst. cluster mounts, dozens of spare wheels, tens of thousands of spare bolts, full fairing kits and loads of other stuff. I had it all delivered on Saturday for a brilliant price, little over £690. There is no shock commercially available for our bikes with this many adjustable features on it, as such its descriptor is S46HR1C1LS as opposed to S46DR1, which means it has adjustable rebound, length and hydraulic preload adjuster as well as adjustable compression. For that level of adjustability you're talking £1,000+ with Ohlins units.

The silver stanchion of the forks need to be modified though to accept the cartridge kit, as per Andreanis installation manual (See attached, picture 8). The reduction bush at the bottom of the fork is press fit and needs to be machined off. If you're thinking of doing this in the U.K., http://www.100pcsuspension.co.uk/ fit the Andreani kits to the EJC bikes and are who I will be posting mine to for correct installation.

If anyone is interested in buying the shock, cartridge kit or anything else from Matt (seller) then I'll be setting up a for sale thread soon on his behalf which I'll link to here.
View attachment 2608View attachment 2609View attachment 2610
brooks suspension in west yorkshire sells Andreani cartrige kits £418.98, and YSS fork upgrade kit

Top Bottom