• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Can I use this Shell Engine Coolant in my CB650F

bartekk

CB650F
Oct 2, 2019
I bought this Engine Coolant at Shell petrol station, can I use it in my 2017 CB650F? it says it contains no silicates, nitrites, amines or phosphates. But doesn't say anything about being ok for aluminium engines.

IMG_1637.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    857.8 KB · Views: 5

Itchytoe

CB650F
Dec 15, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, the lack of nitrites is what makes it okay for aluminum engines. I'm using Shell Rotella ELC NF (Extended Life Coolant, Nitrite Free) in my bike. It's red, just like that one, and free of silicates, nitrites, amines, and phosphates, just like that one. The one I used wasn't premixed so I had to add distilled water to get the right mix. I bet that EasyCare coolant is the same thing I'm using. I wouldn't worry about using it.

Last edited:

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Looks Ok. Bit of research needed to check aluminium compatibility and check it's 50/50 diluted... If not adjust with distilled water as required.

I use the castrol premixed coolant for. Motorcycle engines, but that looks OK.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Can’t tell by the package but green is usually Ethylene Glycol and red is usually Propolyene Glycol, which has very different properties. GM branded their PG “DexCool” and has serious issues with it eating through the aluminum manifolds. Read the ingredients to make sure you are using the correct formula.

Top Bottom