• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Buying a paddock stand

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
I ended up getting this one by Moto Professional as a birthday present:
paddock-2.jpg
Instead of the bobbin hooks I got it with rubber pads that can be placed under the swing arm.
While it gets the job done and the build quality is very good (certainly for the price), I wouldn't really recommend it for this bike though, because the rear of the bike barely fits between the pads. I actually had to remove the springs that press the pads towards the center (against the swing arm) because that got me the additional 3cm of space needed on both sides to fit. The spring is pretty useless though so it's no biggy and I'm not going to trade it for another one (only use it for some chain maintenance and cleaning the rear rim) but yeah, that's something to keep in mind with this one.

Attachments

• paddock-2.jpg
    paddock-2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I ended up getting this one by Moto Professional as a birthday present:
paddock-2.jpg
Instead of the bobbin hooks I got it with rubber pads that can be placed under the swing arm.
While it gets the job done and the build quality is very good (certainly for the price), I wouldn't really recommend it for this bike though, because the rear of the bike barely fits between the pads. I actually had to remove the springs that press the pads towards the center (against the swing arm) because that got me the additional 3cm of space needed on both sides to fit. The spring is pretty useless though so it's no biggy and I'm not going to trade it for another one (only use it for some chain maintenance and cleaning the rear rim) but yeah, that's something to keep in mind with this one.
Whereas the Oxford one is a perfect fit for this bike... lucky really as bought front and rear second hand for £20!!

Attachments

• paddock-2.jpg
    paddock-2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4

Rogue

CBR650F ABS
CBR650F
Sep 3, 2017
St Albans, Herts, UK
Looked on uk ebay for an abba stand. £130? Am i missing something? Can someone post a link?

That definitely sounds too much to me. I think you can buy brand new for that price.
In April this year I managed to pick up a good condition 2nd hand abba superbike stand including front lift arm for £80, then had to pay extra £12.50 to get correct fitting kit for CBR650F

Quick search showed several current auctions with prices well under £100
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...d&_sacat=179732&Brand=Abba&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

norcorider

CB650F ABS
Jul 26, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Do you know if this rear stand works on the 2018 CB650F ABS bike?
I chatted with a fellow on Instagram account called tarmactemplar, who has the same stands. He used it on his cb650f and suggested to not buy these.
He said these are not meant for heavy bikes like ours and more suitable for 250/300. His actually broke after few uses and had to mod it to make it work.
I took his advice and bought Oxford rear stand. Just wanted to share.

Ron

CB650F ABS
Sep 8, 2018
Do I need to buy bobbins and a stand with hooks, or will a stand with pads under swinging arm do for 2018 650f ?

Robbo891

CBR650F
Jul 29, 2018
bought an abba stand locally for £50 used. Bargain. Just waiting on the adpaters to arrive. looks a great peice of kit so if you have the cash, take the safe option rather than universal cup mounts.

alkaseltsa

CB650F ABS
Apr 29, 2019
The abba stand is a lovely piece of kit, nice and safe too. I use a paddock stand for the rear to set the chain tension, but the bike is too heavy for me to hold on my own when putting it on the stand,i have to have a helper to do that.I am working on a tubular grab rail that fits around the seat so that I can hopefully hold it on my own. I wil upload a picture when its complete.
I usually use a front wheel chock (the type you roll the bike into) if I have to put it on the stand myself... which is most of the time. It holds the bike securely until it is on the stand and remains in situ while I work on the bike. It is a pretty solid setup and cost £70 on Ebay.

Top Bottom