• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Black Widow Full System, Air Filter and PCV

Nicholas

CB650F ABS
Jan 18, 2020
Australia
It would be interesting to have screenshot of some parts of your custom map. All the maps i have seen so far were way too lean. Just curios about yours.
BTW. Did they block the PAIR valve prior to the tuning?
Cheers

Hi fogducker, did you see the jpeg. Above? It can zoom a lot pretty clearly. If you can't see certain parts I'm happy to snapshot parts of it. Just let me know what you want to see.

They did block the valves with my tune

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Hi fogducker, did you see the jpeg. Above? It can zoom a lot pretty clearly. If you can't see certain parts I'm happy to snapshot parts of it. Just let me know what you want to see.

They did block the valves with my tune
Nah! the map on your Powercommander! the table if you may! with all the AFR trims

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
i'm also curios about the map table of your bike, so much different between akra, 2bro and arrow map on dynojet site. Also the map i got from Brammers is decrease the fuel in most cell. Just install PC5 by myself and really want to learn and try different map :)). A new toy for me to play with the bike.
Before i was thought the map will add more fuel because we remove the cat, put more air with aftermarket airfilter,..., that's correct with arrow's map on dynojet site but everything go opposite with akra,2bro and Brammers's map. So interesting to learn about

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
i'm also curios about the map table of your bike, so much different between akra, 2bro and arrow map on dynojet site. Also the map i got from Brammers is decrease the fuel in most cell. Just install PC5 by myself and really want to learn and try different map :)). A new toy for me to play with the bike.
Before i was thought the map will add more fuel because we remove the cat, put more air with aftermarket airfilter,..., that's correct with arrow's map on dynojet site but everything go opposite with akra,2bro and Brammers's map. So interesting to learn about
The Arrow pipe is a totally different design than the Akra or TBR and is much longer, more “normal” so the fact it’s different doesn’t surprise me.

I’d load a few of the maps, ride the bike and see what you feel, then take the best of each and make your own until you can get a custom one made. It’s not terribly hard to modify them and as long as you’re somewhat careful you really can’t damage anything.

Baby Elk

CBR650F
Apr 25, 2020
Riding Since
Any feedback you could share on the few maps available for the PCV would be great. I have a stock bike, looking to add the Black Widow low level system. To be honest, I'm a little nervous to use a map not specifically designed for this setup. Thank you.

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
The Arrow pipe is a totally different design than the Akra or TBR and is much longer, more “normal” so the fact it’s different doesn’t surprise me.

I’d load a few of the maps, ride the bike and see what you feel, then take the best of each and make your own until you can get a custom one made. It’s not terribly hard to modify them and as long as you’re somewhat careful you really can’t damage anything.

1587957124537.png

My exhaust look a like arrow exhaust, yesterday i've loaded arrow map form dynojet site. Pretty good feeling, still have a little rough throttle response from 4400-4600rpm at 2nd gear. Modified cells of that range in fuel map, and definitely better feeling came out. I would love to try few map until i get a proper map for my bike.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Epic
View attachment 6601

My exhaust look a like arrow exhaust, yesterday i've loaded arrow map form dynojet site. Pretty good feeling, still have a little rough throttle response from 4400-4600rpm at 2nd gear. Modified cells of that range in fuel map, and definitely better feeling came out. I would love to try few map until i get a proper map for my bike.
Epic looking bike you got there!

Baby Elk

CBR650F
Apr 25, 2020
Riding Since
If it helps anyone, I pulled together an analysis of the different PCV maps - see attached.

Attachments

• Map Comparison v1.zip
    950.6 KB · Views: 28

simonre7

CB650F ABS
May 3, 2020
Riding Since
If it helps anyone, I pulled together an analysis of the different PCV maps - see attached.
Thanks for this, really interesting comparison.
I’ve got a Akra exhaust and I’m looking at getting a PCV.

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
Update!
After 200km, loaded 'richer' map (almost cell add more fuel). And i've got cooler engine, better fuel consumption. Before pc5 installed my avg is 18.5km/l and now 20km/l. Really interesting.

Baby Elk

CBR650F
Apr 25, 2020
Riding Since
Where did you get the RAW data from? These are not the default maps on DinoJet website. Right?
The raw data stems for the maps available on the dynojet website. I downloaded each map to my PCV, and exported the data to excel.

Top Bottom