• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Bent Brake Pedal?

Metalbikes

CB650F ABS
May 20, 2018
H there,

Could anybody tell me if the brake pedal on my cb650f is bent or suppose to be like that?
I hadn't noticed it myself but somebody pointed it out and I had dropped my bike on that side a little while ago whilst the bike was stationary.
Thanks in advance
Honda cb650f.jpeg

Thecult

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
Think it looks right. I’ll be home in 3 hours and take a look at mine if someone else doesn’t answer by then.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
You mean the sight angle towards the top?

Yes, it's supposed to be like that.

It does look like it might be, overall, slightly bent towards the bike... But I can't tell if that's just the angle of the picture?

Metalbikes

CB650F ABS
May 20, 2018
(Edited)
I did mean the angle at the top. but as you that is correct and that i think you are right and it is the whole arm that is bent it as it doesn't sit straight with the foot rest
Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it

Last edited:

Metalbikes

CB650F ABS
May 20, 2018
Just had a look at my pedal and it is sqaure to the the foot peg. I put a straight edge on the pedal sticking out to the side and it is at right angles to the bike. So I think you maybe bent.

thanks for the answer, its does look like the whole arm is slighty bent in as it doesn't line up with the foot rest. Gonna have to see if i can straighten it up

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
You must of dropped it,because i am hitting my brakes very,very often over here and nothing is bent.Just straighten it out!

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Lol....I always bend my brake pedal in a touch, using my back brake with my toe only when I need it, nothing worse than catching it with big feet and having the rear end brake up when you don't want it. Done this for years now, an old trick I was shown many years ago. Rarely use back brake at all....keep the power on ;)

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Some bikes have ABS those days !!
And I'm far too old these days for "power on" . Doesn't stop me bending them all the same, both bandit and cb fitted with ABS but you get used to knowing that all you need do is slide boot down casing and you're on the brake. It's an old trick from back in the day.....when only proper track bikes had rearsets and all the rest of us just heated and bent things ;)

Top Bottom